Hello,

i am new at e-budo, i practice aikido and i came here because it brings together people from japanese martials arts and culture community, and i am very interested in this community's particular insight.

i have created this thread because i would like to know your point of vue regarding something in practice.

My Teacher is a student of Endo Sensei, and i couldnt understand his style, his perception nor his goal from what he shows us. i feel it might be my narrow mindedness.

i praticed Aikido in morocco, aikikai and Daito ryu, and i had never seen nor felt the difference in both of them, since i thought all aikidos were different depending on practicioners, their viewpoints and experience, and the general message of execution and goal is efficiency and discipline, i think in simple martial tems.

my sensei sees it in a different light, and thus i would love to know what is endo sensei's message through his technic and since i am still learning aikido, i would love to know wether there are many different views of it, the same way for example Steven seagal's practice is somewhat completely opposite to yamaguch sensei's for example, unless i do not see the similarities.

I thank you all for your answers in advance, and hopefully might be able to ask your opinions about other martial matters soon.

Anas Challigui