Likes Likes:  2

Thread: tennen rishin ryu techniques?

Likes (received)

Default tennen rishin ryu techniques?

hey there i am actually researching koryu and i am interested in tennen rishin ryu. i love its history since it was used from many shinsengumi members. if u would take a look at the wikipedia it will name some techniques http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennen_Rishin-ry%C5%AB
    but it doesnt say anywhere what they are. i took each one and checked online to find out details about how they would look but nothing.
    i found only Ryūbi no ken which supposedly it was kondou's fav technique. he would lower in gekiden stance his sword and then swiftly while the opponent tried to hit him he would block and break his stance which still describing it is not so revealing so anyone has any idea about these techniques?i got the dvd that shows some techniques and watched some videos on youtube but no names are mentioned so i dont know much. also the dvd is russian dub and i dont understand a thing please enlighten me

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Why would you expect that ANY ryuha would list &/or explain its waza on-line? To learn, you would join a dojo in which your sensei will teach you what you need to know.

Ken

Likes (received)

first of all i said i was doing research about the ryu and secondly there is no tennen rishin ryu dojo in my country

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

please enlighten me
    I guess this must mean something else to you....

Ken

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    first of all i said i was doing research about the ryu and secondly there is no tennen rishin ryu dojo in my country
    So, what does "doing research" means exactly? If that's an academic research you will have to rely on the public information what is out there. And the same goes for private research. Academics usually do not have better access to ryûha-specific info if they are not part of said ryûha.

Apparently, there are videos, info, etc. out there from many different ryûha. But do not think you will find there anything these ryûha don't want you to know. Basically, you will see omote-waza. That's all. If you have a strong desire to be part of this school you may have to relocate to a different country where this school has an official dôjô. You will not be the first who does it.

If you just want to satisfy your curiosity, then stick with whatever you can find on Wikipedia, Youtube and DVD's.

You may not like it, but that's how it works.

6. Likes Tripitaka of AA, cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

well no worries i spent an entire day online and found the gold :P it was difficult but i managed to find an italian book that says enough thx anyway :0

Likes (received)

Well he did say "thx".........

More then they usually do.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.