The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
Mark Van Doren

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Name:  P2230100.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  166.8 KB

A great teacher sees your skills within yourself before you are aware that you have them. Then he gives you examples and subtle indications to develop them free, while he polishes the roughness.

And gradually he leads us to learn and acquire new knowledge, not only with techniques but also with a myriad of exercises, just like it does our teacher. At first, he teaches us a general form and when he realizes that we have understood, he draws some details in a broader sense. Afterwards, once we have also assimilated this, he indicates details of smaller movements, which were impossible to see when we were beginners. And as we go forward, he corrects minor details to completely polish us while leaving us free to develop our own art.

Something similar happens when we attend courses and seminars by other teachers. It is always good to go to any course or seminar possible, both for proximity and if we can afford it. Moreover, it is important to keep in mind that as we progress in our learning, the more we will learn, the higher our level will be, more details we will observe and incorporate into our hard drive and when we repeat them, we will see if they also work for us.

However, this cannot be only applied to physical aikido training, but it also serves to learn entirely by reading. A good teacher can also have a positive influence from a distance. An example of that are the instructive and valuable articles by Takahashi Shihan. My first translation cost me a great job, not only for the rich vocabulary of the Shihan, but also for the concepts on which at the beginning I had to think for a while in order to understand what Takahashi Sensei was teaching us. Now, after three years, I am still pleasantly surprised with his new articles, which give us a picture not only of his immense wisdom, but also of the depth of his thoughts.

And finally Takahashi Shihan also encouraged me to write. He asked me what I thought about aikido and my training and encouraged me to put my thoughts in words freely. At first, I could not think of topics to write about. I don't know if I had continued writing more without his encouragement and comments and those of my faithful readers.

Nowadays, sometimes just by hearing something, reading a sentence or thinking about something I have seen, I get inspired to deepen into the subject and to try to develop it in order that it makes sense and becomes a good written such as a new article.

Happy birthday Takahashi Shihan!

Carina
Correction of the english version by Paula

Puedes leer este artículo en español aquí
http://entrenandoaikido.com/el-arte-de-la-ensenanza/

Bitte lesen diesen Artikel hier auf Deutsch
http://wirtrainierenaikido.com/die-kunst-des-lehrens/

Original http://www.aikidoacademyusa.com/view...php?f=13&t=495