Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EMERGENCY SALE: Nyumon Jidai koshirae iaito and keikogi bag for $200

Likes (received)

Unhappy EMERGENCY SALE: Nyumon Jidai koshirae iaito and keikogi bag for $200

Hello everyone,

I have a Nyumon Jidai Koshirae Iaito for sale that I got from e-bogu (http://www.e-bogu.com/Nyumon-Jidai-K...ai-nyumon-.htm) and it's in a like new condition, with no scratches and minimal use. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what the shaku was, but I believe it was 2.25 shaku. The sword will come with e-bogu's keikogi bag (Navy: http://www.e-bogu.com/Keikogi-Materi...kogi-navy-.htm). I am selling it for $200, half of what e-bogu's selling the sword for. For an additional $20 I'll also put in a green kaku obi (looks like this: http://www.e-bogu.com/Kaku-Obi-for-Iai-Navy-p/tak-iai-obi-kakuobi-navy-.htm)

If I need to explain what the big emergency is, my sister needs help paying her medical bills after getting surgery and I want to help her raise the money to do so. Prices can be negotiable but please be reasonable. If anyone is willing to buy, I will accept payment by paypal. Please post here if you are interested or ready to buy.

Likes (received)

Hi William,
    First, you need to place your full real name on each post. Since you didn't do this at registration, you need to add it to you signature.
    Second, you need to measure in a straight line from the tip to the leading edge of the habaki. This measurement is called nagasa, and is necessary if you really want to sell your iaito.

Cheers,
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

PM sent today.
    Darrell Kaiser

Likes (received)

William,
    I am definitely interested. I am new to the hobby so we need to make sure the blade is appropriate for me. What is the measurement or nagasa Paul referred to above?
    Thanks.
    Wilkes Alexander

Likes (received)

William,
    I assume it has an 11" Tsuka or handle and I probably need a 30" to 0.5 inch blade since I am almost 6' tall...since I am new, a little shorter would probably be alright as well.
    Thanks
    Wilkes Alexander

Likes (received)

You're replying to a thread that's over a year old from a guy who only ever posted once. I wouldn't expect a reaction.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Likes (received)

Neil,
    Yes, I saw that once my excitement over maybe finding a good deal subsided and read the date of the post. Oh well, live and learn...I just I hope I live long enough to learn all that I don't know. Thank you for the observation and have a nice weekend.
    Wilkes Alexander

Likes (received)

Seeing as you have yet to attend a iaido class according to your other post, I would wait and get your iaido sensei's advice on a suitable iaito anyway. They may want you to practice with just bokken for a while.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Likes (received)

Neil,
    I actually attended my first iaido class last night. I performed the warm up exercises with a bokken and just watched the class go through the actual katas. I was absolutely hypnotized. I had been studying them on YouTube and also been highly involved in Shintoshi (a form of Tae Kwon Do) Kata, but nohting like seeing them performed live...we have a really well trained and practiced group. I agree that I need to visit with my sensei about sizes and patience and just practice with my bokken...but I guess I am just really psyched about it. I am 58 and somewhat worried about my feet posotioning (it's hard to get up on my bent toes in the kneeling position) but I am going to do my best. I have another class on Sunday and will just see how it goes. Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
    Wilkes Alexander