Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Koden Bugei Kyokai

Likes (received)

Unless you are going to present this "personal information" I stand by what Ive said. Mr. Smith was recently on a facebook group called !!!!!!!! martial arts where he himself said he has no connection he is simply teaching what his teacher taught. Okazaki Shuji is not the name he was orginally giving out. His system is based in Hakko ryu the signs are there.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by lime View Post
    Unless you are going to present this "personal information" I stand by what Ive said. Mr. Smith was recently on a facebook group called !!!!!!!! martial arts where he himself said he has no connection he is simply teaching what his teacher taught. Okazaki Shuji is not the name he was orginally giving out. His system is based in Hakko ryu the signs are there.
    You did not read my post thoroughly, nor do you seem to have any background in the arts discussed, evidently. Mr. Muhammad has stated clearly that his art is not Yanagi-ryu or Daito-ryu. Nor is it Hakko Ryu. As for his teacher's name, over the course of his life Okazaki Shuji went by other names, including "Tanemura Katsumi," as was not unusual for Japanese, especially during periods of political upheaval. He immigrated into the US and eventually settled in Philadelphia, where he ran a small business and taught his martial art for the rest of his life. There are still people in Philadelphia's Chinatown who remember and respect him.

You may believe what you wish, but that does not make it correct. If you have further doubts or questions, I suggest you contact Mr. Muhammad directly and inquire about his art, rather than continue to make guesses based on misinterpretations of information found on the Internet.
    Last edited by Cady Goldfield; 15th November 2015 at 15:02.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

I communicated lime's Hakko Ryu comment to Salahuddin Muhammad, and his response came back that it's a mistaken notion, and that Hakko Ryu has no connection to his art, and was never studied by him or by Okazaki Shuji.

If Hakko Ryu, as lime knows it, has aiki body method, then perhaps he is seeing that as "signs" of a relationship, since Okazaki Shuji's art has aiki. When any jujutsu art is driven by aiki, it's the effects of the aiki that "flavors" the look of the jujutsu (not to mention the feel and effects) and could thus lend a sense of similarity. To the uninitiated, that would be enough to make the assumption that two different arts are one and the same. That's just a guess on my part, though, as I have not as yet seen Hakko Ryu with aiki applied.
    Last edited by Cady Goldfield; 13th November 2015 at 22:09.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Thanks for the permission to believe what I want. Mr. Mohammad as he goes by now, is mistaken. His preference on attacking the skeletal structure as he does is text book Hakko ryu Sandaikichu as I was exposed to it. My background is mainly Judo but Ive study for a good number of years Hakko ryu, Aikikai Aikido and Daito Ryu Aikijujutusu. So he clearly stated as you just did he has no legitmate claim or connection to Daito ryu or Hakko ryu and can present no evidence to the fact. He seems to be a gifted martial artist and his open about what he teaches and thats great. You have made my point for me. This Koden group is not legitmate Aikijujutsu.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cady Goldfield View Post
    That's just a guess on my part, though, as I have not as yet seen Hakko Ryu with aiki applied.

And Im sure you went to Philadelphia and found these people? No you took Mr. Mohammads word and Im sorry but thats not good enough for me. You wont see Hakko ryu Aiki is contained in the Sandaikichu set of waza and those arent seen outside the dojo and arent put in videos. The only techniques people are used to seeing are Shodan gi Nidan gi etc. Hakko also doesnt start teaching Aiki until Sandan gi or higher. If they can ever present legitment papers or connections I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by lime View Post
    And Im sure you went to Philadelphia and found these people? No you took Mr. Mohammads word and Im sorry but thats not good enough for me. You wont see Hakko ryu Aiki is contained in the Sandaikichu set of waza and those arent seen outside the dojo and arent put in videos. The only techniques people are used to seeing are Shodan gi Nidan gi etc. Hakko also doesnt start teaching Aiki until Sandan gi or higher. If they can ever present legitment papers or connections I will gladly admit I was wrong.
    I have seen actual correspondence that provides enough proof of Yoshida connections to satisfy me. There are also hand scribed densho, which would be extremely difficult to forge or fake. At any rate, you are entitled to your opinion, although it would be a far better-informed one if you were to actually meet the man, talk one-on-one, and feel and observe his skills for yourself.
    Last edited by Cady Goldfield; 5th December 2015 at 23:29.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Here's an older (2006) bit of video of aikijujutsu waza from one of Salahuddin Sensei's seminars, showing the power that comes from internal connectivity. Most of the movements are smaller internal motions, but he does intentionally use larger scapular rotation at :22 so students can observe the process; normally, this rotation is nearly imperceptible!

Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Another interesting Hontai Hakkei Ryu AJJ video. Internal power and aiki are the drivers, overt "shapes" are what determine how and where aiki will move the opponent's body. Apologies that this is a Facebook link, and won't embed into the post. It is a publicly accessible video, though, so the link should be viable for any interested viewer.

https://www.facebook.com/sal.jaber1/...2261370697133/
    Cady Goldfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2