Likes Likes:  0

Thread: looking for white tabi

Likes (received)

Default looking for white tabi

I'm trying to find traditional white tabi, but everywhere I look there's a problem-- either the site has none, has tabi with kittens on them, has the wrong color, or has mediocre tabi that will take 8 weeks to get to my doorstep. I'm looking for good quality, white tabi with leather soles, with a more reasonable shipping time (no more than 1 month). Does anyone know where to look? So far I've tried:

Tozando, Nishijin Sword, Yamato Budogu, Meirin Sangyo, Swordstore.com, Mugendo Budogu, SDK Supplies, and Samurai-store.com and Amazon and eBay.

Of the above, eBay seems to show the most variety, but the question of quality....

Thanks for any insight.

Likes (received)

Kawatabi (leather-soled tabi) are not as common as all-cotton tabi, since tabi are mostly meant to be used like socks; worn alone indoors or with geta outdoors. That said, the supplier I use for many Japanese clothing items has a large selection of tabi, and they have kawatabi here: http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/footwear7.htm. Click on the [LARGER size leather soel tabi] tag.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    Kawatabi (leather-soled tabi) are not as common as all-cotton tabi, since tabi are mostly meant to be used like socks; worn alone indoors or with geta outdoors. That said, the supplier I use for many Japanese clothing items has a large selection of tabi, and they have kawatabi here: http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/footwear7.htm. Click on the [LARGER size leather soel tabi] tag.
    I appreciate this more than you probably know. This is fantastic. Thank you for pointing me to this resource, Brian.