Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hakkoryu Jujutsu Barrie, Ontario

lazn Guest

Default Hakkoryu Jujutsu Barrie, Ontario

Hakkoryu Matsukan Dojo Barrie, Ontario (Canada)

I am seeking interested persons who wish to learn/practice Hakkoryu Jujutsu. My dojo is currently licenced and considered a study group by Hombu Dojo.

http://hakkoryu.com/organization/hak...-study-groups/

There is no fee associated to training at my dojo, except if one decides to become a student (annual fee to Hombu). My dojo is at my home, and is small, however, Hakkoryu Jujutsu does not require much space.

My instructors are Gordon Kiyokawa and Devon Smith.

http://hakkoryu.com/organization/shihan-list/

I do not mind if anyone wishes to train without becoming a student, and is already committed to another martial art/sport. At this time I am working on my Sandan level, and my goal is to develop a consistent training relationship with others. I am a bit unconventional, so expect some randori, and a particular focus on arresting techniques.

If you wish to know a little more, please feel free to send a PM, or contact me by email via the website.

Thanks,

Nathan

lazn Guest

Hakkoryu Matsukan Dojo Barrie, Ontario (Canada): UPDATE

The dojo is doing well, and currently has two registered students studying Hakkoryu Jujutsu. Efforts to find one more student have failed, and for some reason the offer to train people free and at their convenience any time of the week has been fruitless.

In the meantime:

Matsukan Dojo will now levy a $50 per month training fee for 1.5 hours of instruction once per week. Or, a single session for $15 for 1.5 hours. There is no contractual obligation for either arrangement.

Thanks,

Nathan

Likes (received)

Starting up a dojo is not a simple thing. You must advertise in various media. You may even try starting a Facebook Page for your school.
    You may also do an open Demo.
    I wish you and your dojo luck in your endeavours.
    And remember that two good students are worth a lot more than a lot of bad ones.

Jose Garrido
    Jose' delCristo Garrido
    Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Mainline Tradition
    NYC Metro Area Branch Dojo
    facebook.com/daitoryudojonj

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    lazn Guest

Thank you for the feedback. So far, just my two students, but they are excellent and its been a great process so far. We had my friend Shihan Devon Smith attend Barrie, Ontario all the way from Clinton, Michigan. In a last minute decision, one of my students was able to arrange for us to use his previous dojo's space for the afternoon. In return, I offered to hold a demo/class for the dojo's students and visitors. The demo was held on Sunday July26th, and was well received. The following are some highlights from the demo. This was my first public showing, so I am definitely a bit rough around the edges when it comes to public speaking.

https://youtu.be/zsihM-pdP9c

lazn Guest

UPDATE:

In very small steps, things are moving forward. The Hakkoryu Matsukan is now offering Friday night classes at Emma King Elementary School, located 383 Cundles Rd West, Barrie, Ontario (Canada). The schedule is 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, and in addition (on selected evenings) from 8:15 pm to 9:15 pm. This format is community based so the fees are quite low.

lazn Guest

UPDATE:

Hakkoryu Matsukan Dojo is no longer located in Barrie, Ontario. All training is conducted privately. Please refer to website for more information:

matsukandojo.com