Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Advanced Training ideas

Likes (received)

Beer Advanced Training ideas

Hey folks,
    it seems like a very nice forum and i'm glad i've just became a part of it.

i've got a question(or several..) to those who are above 5d or train about 15years (+-):
    basically, there is no such thing as a technique - that's what i'm beginning to realize. if you take one "technique" and vary it's movement to 8 directions you've got 8 new techniques and if you apply the same principle you get like an infinite happo. so basically what i'm trying to say is that in some level you look for principles and ideas that you can put inside a movement, inside a flow in order to create some feeling. now i know it sounds strange but that's the way i'm beginning to see it. that way you can do one "technique" but with thousand meaning (if you focus on moguri, kyojutsu, nagare and such) - it might seem like the same "technique" but it would actually be something very different, though the same. i think that's the part when everything begins to become one, when you put all of those elements inside one and you do 'nothing", which means you do everything since you're not "locked" on one technique".
    i am doing sparring and randori, usually against mma guys(i also come from a background of grappling(judo, bjj) and boxing) and i begin to realize that if you try to do a technique your mind is locked upon something and then you might succeed or not, but when you "flow" and get what's given to you, you're not fixed and you can actually accomplish some stuff, even stuff you've never learned before since you're giving your body and spirit the ability to express itself.

now the first paragraph wasn't exactly a question, but more like a present from myself to the community since i hope that someone would read and try to implement what i've just written(though at the beginning you might get beaten up a lot, but that's a part of the process to learn how to flow and to feel danger. besides - you're doing sparring/randori in a controlled environment with people who care for you and that would give you real feedback, though at times, quite painful(though, never do randori against idiots who try beating the hell out of you, that's not educational or rewarding in any way, that's just stupid and dangerous. randori/sparring is a game and as such you need to learn how to play and adapt yourself, while putting your and your friends safety at first).

my question is this: so congrats, you've just become a godan or judan and you can really make your first steps into the real world, while feeling all(well not all, but still a lot more) the stuff (physically and nonphysicaly) you've missed before.
    from that point - on what would you emphasize? how would you progress? are there are any special concepts related to this level? special ideas? feelings? what are the stuff you're tying to feel or do? please give me ideas and methods you use or suggest using
    i mean after all in this place it's all about ideas and principles which you let your spirit and body translate into a feeling you're projecting to your opponent(i can't believe i actually wrote that, actually just writing teaches me a lot).

i would really like to read and learn from your answers and hopefully even implement and forget about it(you know what i mean, after you learn something and you repeat it a lot of times and do variations, you should just let it go in order to let it become one with yourself).

thanks in advance people, hoping to learn a lot from yourselves.

p.s: i've not summarized my text, but actually tried to expand the ideas as possible to express my feelings and current state of mind so that more novice people(we're all novice, we're all students and children) would be able to understand what i'm talking about and hopefully get some wisdom, or if i've written plain nonsense - i might get to be corrected or even to see some insights that i've not thought about.

after all, learning is a long process.

thanks again!

Likes (received)

Default Please put your real name in the signature line

Hi curiousone,
    Welcome to E-Budo. Glad you found us!

Now I have to remind you to please put your real name in the signature line -- you can do that in the member control panel -- so that it will be visible whenever you post. This is a requirement of being an active member of E-Budo. You don't have to use your full first name; an initial is fine. But please use your true surname.

Thanks! And, we hope you enjoy the forums.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Dear Confused Ninja,

I think you need to have a kitkat.

I don’t know anything about ninpo, and I don’t know what a 5d is. But I have a friend who does ninjutsu and he is ok, but sometimes I think he is a little crazy. But on behalf of the interwebz, thank you so much for your present. But I hope you kept the receipt, as I’m not sure what the returns policy is like where you bought that.

It reminds me when I was a boy, and my grandma used to give me undies every Christmas, and every Christmas I was like ‘Oh ffs more undies!, why can’t I get something decent.’ Then recently I found myself with no undies! I work a lot at night, as I work as a metal trader for a company in London and work has been very busy lately, and I haven’t had time to do my washing and cleaning. So there I was laughing to myself at my grandmothers lesson. So the next day I went and saw her and gave her a big kiss and hug (she is 96 and still going, god bless her) and thanked her. Im so grateful that she is still around and for the lessons she gave me.

Regards,

Gavin

Likes (received)

Where r u?
    Locate the nearest shidoshi or Shihan.
    Train consistently & later, please give everyone your answer to your question.
    Thks already,
    happy trails! ! !

5. Likes Samarmus liked this post