Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kaminoda Tsunemori Shihan 88

Likes (received)

Default Kaminoda Tsunemori Shihan 88

Kaminoda Tsunemori Sensei (1928-2015) I heard passed away last month but not sure of the exact date I'm surprised no one mentioned this. He was a 7th dan kyoshi in kendo, and 8th dan hanshi in both iaido and jodo.
    Robert C. Gruzanski

Likes (received)

Hi Robert and everyone, I can confirm about Kaminoda Sensei's passing in March.
    Pascal Krieger published a brief obituary here: http://www.fej.ch/en/news.htm

Lorenzo Trainelli

Likes (received)

I was saddened to hear of Kaminoda sensei's passing. Like for many here he was a major influence on my budo even though I only met him three times. I trained with him in the late 90s when Rick Polland invited him for week long gasshuku. I had been training in judo and shinkendo and realized I wanted more than these arts could offer. I attended my first gasshuku where I began learning a hand full of the omote kata. I was practicing Tachiotoshi and was feeling good about myself. Sensei came over and took the bokuto side and did the kata with me. I put everything I had into it to show good spirit as Polland sensei had advised earlier. I felt pretty good up until the end with the Jo pointing between his eyes. At that point sensei turned "it" on. I went to put my Jo away and it was all I could do not to drop and fumble it. His metsuke pierced my very being just at that moment. This was the truest manifestation of Fudoshin I have ever felt. My feet were glued to the floor and I knew I was done. I was broken and he was more solid than the earth I stood on. I think he paid me a nice complement or something but I was beaten at every level and I gave it all I had. It was a shinken shobu for me and I lost like I'd never lost before in anything else. At that moment I knew I wanted that ability and it has been my budo goal ever since.
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.