Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Provoking Radical Islamists

Likes (received)

Default Provoking Radical Islamists

Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    Hi Kit,
    .... I’m not defending the solution of conflicts by violence, but I also think that we should respect other religions .
    The problem is that the radical Islamist's do not respect other religions and they are ready to use violence to set up a world caliphate as the Koran teaches. It is the political component of Islam which makes it dangerous. Ignoring it will not make it go away. Using violence in response to a cartoon is unacceptable. We believe in freedom or we do not.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    The problem is that the radical Islamist's do not respect other religions and they are ready to use violence to set up a world caliphate as the Koran teaches. It is the political component of Islam which makes it dangerous. Ignoring it will not make it go away. Using violence in response to a cartoon is unacceptable. We believe in freedom or we do not.
    We believe in freedom, but always respecting others creeds. And it is not sane to provoke fanatic people.

Likes (received)

The discussion of the militarization of police is, by and large, gear-centric because it is easier to see the APC, the level III plate carriers, the M4s, etc. and be aghast than it is to talk about the licentious relationship with violence that some of our police have.

I'd not advocate for the Barney Fife & His Trusty .38 type of policing: the world is a different, and in some respects more dangerous, place. But, as said above, the gear may not be the problem but the gear is emblematic of a general disassociation of the police from the public. The article's point that constitutional rights have become more and more viewed as an impediment to the practice of law enforcement than the very pillar upon which law and its enforcement are built is well taken. We as a people shouldn't be pleased with the number of unarmed black men showing up dead, neither served nor protected by our police.

What is odd to me is that the answer to the latter problem is in many ways to be more of a warrior. Running willingly towards danger, not away, with a ready and calm heart is the point. If your training has inured you to the stress associated with violence, made fear your companion, and otherwise prepared you for a fight, when the fight comes, you can make informed and meaningful choices. For example, not shooting an unarmed man in the back as he runs--rather slowly!--away.

There is a time and place for the fancy toys: high-risk arrest warrants, active shooters, terrorism, etc.

4. Likes DCS liked this post
    Likes (received)

We believe in freedom, but always respecting others creeds. And it is not sane to provoke fanatic people.
    Are you really saying that you respect a creed that believes MURDER is okay? How about stoning to death a woman who was raped? Cutting off hands for theft, lashes for gambling, a death sentence for changing your religion or writing a book that someone doesn't like? These radical Islamist's become offended at any who disagree or criticize them for any reason. This goes way beyond someone drawing an offensive cartoon. Seriously? You respect a creed that drives people to commit murder? These "fanatic" people follow a creed and you are saying their creed deserves respect?

6. Likes DCS liked this post
    Likes (received)

Are you really saying that you respect a creed that believes MURDER is okay? How about stoning to death a woman who was raped? Cutting off hands for theft, lashes for gambling, a death sentence for changing your religion or writing a book that someone doesn't like? These radical Islamist's become offended at any who disagree or criticize them for any reason. This goes way beyond someone drawing an offensive cartoon. Seriously? You respect a creed that drives people to commit murder? These "fanatic" people follow a creed and you are saying their creed deserves respect?
    I didn't say that, I just said, that one should not publish drawings which offense someone's believing. We should respect their religion !

Likes (received)

Is this really how this thread is going to go?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by No1'sShowMonkey View Post
    Is this really how this thread is going to go?
    No, that is my last comment in this thread

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...4813654660146/

Likes (received)

I didn't say that, I just said, that one should not publish drawings which offense someone's believing. We should respect their religion !
    Then you respect these radicals right to do these things because it's their religion that tells them that what they're doing is right. You don't seem to understand how offensive your comments are. I'm done.

Likes (received)

You don't seem to understand how offensive your comments are.
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about your comments.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

12. Likes Cliff Judge liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about your comments.
    Like I said... I'm done. Sorry I let her annoy me with her comments.

Likes (received)

Hey guys I've moved these posts to their own thread. Please keep the discussion civil like you have so far.

A very good friend of mine and fellow officer is from Iraq and his views have colored my own. He has had two cousins beheaded by radical Islamists and his immediate family fled their ranch just days before ISIS rolled in and stole it like the thieves they are. Their religion is a false pretense to act like animals and I personally see little reason to respect them. I have very little respect for these murderous thugs, what ever their world view is. There is no justification for their actions, but I have issues with rape, human trafficking and torturing of women and children regardless of what culture they are from. I do not subscribe to relativism as a justification for their actions. That's just me though. YMMV.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

15. Likes CEB, pgsmith, Ichiro liked this post
    Likes (received)

Thanks for doing that Chris - can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.

17. Likes Brian Owens liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    ...can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.
    I agree; not related to CQC, or Budo in general.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Thanks for doing that Chris - can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.
    But you started it
    Sadly Carina I don't think Europeans are immune, lest we forget incidents like Anders Breivik who racked up a body count worthy of multiple shooters, and of course Charlie Hebdo attest.

Likes (received)

The thread has been moved to the Members' Lounge.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast