Likes Likes:  11

Thread: My disappointment over the Judo Forum website (both old and new)

Likes (received)

Angry My disappointment over the Judo Forum website (both old and new)

I first became a member of the Judo forum back, if I can remember, around 7-8 years ago. This is the old website: http://judoforum.com/, This is the other/new website: http://judo.forumsmotion.com/

The reason why I did this thread is due to my frustration using the new site and how the bias and cocky opinions of some of the people on both sites exemplify regarding to their knowledge of Judo.

If you have any stories or whatsover about the nature of how these two forum sites deal with past, present, and now former members (like me), feel free to vent it here on this thread.

Likes (received)

Just to add what I said earlier, my frustration over the new forum site is that the administrators had placed restrictions on me when I post new threads. I got lived when I was banned from not putting any website or video-links from YouTube or any such information whatsoever to prove my argument. The moderators brushed me off when I try to complain and the ridiculous part is, they even mocked me about my name "Judo Researcher" just b/c instead of researching, I posted so much in a span of two days.

I understand that part of the reason why they have this restriction is b/c some hacker way back, infiltrated the old Judo forum back then. That is why when you do enter there, there's another site popping-up and never direct you to the original forum site (in order for you to get there, you must close the tab and restart a new one). However, I find it stupid for a forum site that for putting restrictions for newbies, it makes the site look 'unfriendly' and 'sensitive'.

Likes (received)

You'll find that the experienced forum admins will take strong actions to preserve the integrity of their forum. If you cannot see the purpose of the restrictions then perhaps you are not seeing things from their point of view.

Your behaviour here will be what you are judged by. Coming on to "bash" another forum is a bad idea. If you want to make a good impression then avoid that kind of thing. E-Budo is one of the older and more respected forums, with little time for "flame wars". If you have good intentions, then show them. If you want to be an active member, you can be. But if you want to get banned from another forum, that can be arranged... it's up to you.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

4. Likes Robert Carver, mkrueger liked this post
    Likes (received)

@ Tripitaka of AA - I see what you mean. I do agree the admins of both forums will do everything to keep their integrity. I do however object the kind of sarcasm that they created when I was there. I did ask for a deletion of my account at the new forum b/c of their “stern behaviour” of banning me from posting links. Its as if I’m going to put anything malicious or some hack site that could cause problems to their end. I don’t intend to do that.

I will take you’re advice on not to come here at E-Budo and bash the other forums. That’s why I kept this thread more open rather than for me doing all the spiel (or ‘whining’ in that case).

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by The Judo Researcher View Post
    @ Tripitaka of AA - I see what you mean. I do agree the admins of both forums will do everything to keep their integrity. I do however object the kind of sarcasm that they created when I was there. I did ask for a deletion of my account at the new forum b/c of their “stern behaviour” of banning me from posting links. Its as if I’m going to put anything malicious or some hack site that could cause problems to their end. I don’t intend to do that.

I will take you’re advice on not to come here at E-Budo and bash the other forums. That’s why I kept this thread more open rather than for me doing all the spiel (or ‘whining’ in that case).
    One of the difficulties some people have on forums is making the mistake of thinking everyone is equal online; this is not the case. When you join a forum you are in effect 'entering someone else's house'

Whether you agree or not - their house, their rules - to throw a public tantrum in response is usually considered poor form

7. Likes cxt, Robert Carver, pgsmith, mkrueger liked this post
    Likes (received)

Not exactly sure I understand where you are coming from; but from my perspective all the Martial Arts type forum Judo sections are getting lower and lower attendance these days. I think Judo has lost its appeal and people are again, like many times in the past, turning to other forms of entertainment; as in MMA, etc. Judo is hard work and lots of people are afraid of work.

It lost its appeal with me decades ago with petty politics and psychotic actors in the organization levels. Someday it will come back as it always does and Internet will again catch up.