Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Problems with Search function

Likes (received)

Default Problems with Search function

Hi Mods

I was just using the Search Function to try and dig up any old posts that referred to "hoi" in "Shorinji Kempo" and I struggled to get the Seach menu to appear. By clicking on "Advanced Search" (top right hand of the window, just below the search text entry box and the magnifying glass symbol), instead of a page of fields to put filters in, I got this error message:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337
    ]{oƲ;@@W$؎'scm[hQʇ~('My[4؝]|1KxpޯǽޫW⷟.ވ-qa~Aw,M/z͛(.>m*/i䦗z]qt!<9{HgqXDv|SiIϟjq N !UK?'ƒL]p#]v埙w0aڽ]JG]I姴G̍O/λϞ=yvDjf\Jף! G, w*-[ewy&XqDY,'%n`=Oe?VCb*CiY ͝͝b{!{-nꏂ"{NOU)|s \̢8g8E]nĽq?H/ܩ}s(*&@ %8pw$>Vt~.BONPzD'D'߼?f(ojp&SpZ3|Pn3A]/Zt5=ۼJ^^vvTƣF:5cbq/.k7hdm&j6< 2 d&(@7H$_~`^& nB!xx3(IHW*3&;Pj[B5*,> ^?j߀CT??xyf{gѮ7y2aÓ-wO>z7~|ѳ]óӋcBZ!x-d\<pyyε@GYFabx=?qяCKRar-vn)/'!D ֣#zmޜ~} /<{'bKE.TOË..emuO޼;)-[zuw,(gH gvDS :{oG'MQ1ʜ%N*T!^i@_ꎣX}0?6`%7r /!7]NIzd&ejql../}bO ~l?y ^n _2h4< d2ZfKb;H;B (/08 Tic " >`(mqWi@.`!b|r>O޾*?"@k7KO\s*{]F~`H82ntu QEFeCtIO ̷W[txf)'c!>f5ZXig>L^Ua=sA~HrrLG˜{uIC *=M{X҇J!xH>Hk9TR#_.Z+ (]}ezPҿf(ȻQHԇռ$?S YW |W=vjPf8bIKX||Ln wDA4Ztb{i_̤?|}1?}1=O4apЫJ ėg *4ѵ2jnϿM;(8*T@; ?'SXn*_(YQpnHɎbh!l4xd4<=A?'cꮒȮ%m.é# ;‡ V us(ch8PZdY`I QiSE}"0K37|Gk<;L8@=vnL$qTA@x k\3 ӤR\Յ ɘ[MssMV 2EPZCQc҂Cݒ9F0NiFHIoUo<•jz_~N|LA4)Asү ǙR<~"B'O~1
    Which I have abbreviated as it goes on for some distance.

I am using Firefox 43.0.4 on a PC running Windows 10 Home, version 1511
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

I just tried it and got the same thing. I am using IE11 and Windows 7.

We'll have to wait for Anders to take a look I think.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

3. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post
    Likes (received)

It is a bug that seems to be known over at vbulletin.com.
    See here.
    I will look into it and see if I can do a manual fix for it (or hopefully it is fixed in the latest version, we have just applied the latest security patches and not upgraded, but there is one later version available than what we currently run), but will probably take a day or two.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

One potential workaround is to use the "site:" tag in Google's search engine to define an individual site for their search engine to return results from.

So for example combining the search terms "hoi" and "Shorinji Kempo" with the tag "site:http://www.e-budo.com/forum/" results in the following.

Name:  Search.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  124.9 KB

6. Likes Tripitaka of AA, pgsmith liked this post
    Likes (received)

Forgot to post here that I upgraded the forum software yesterday, so there should not be any error messages like this now.
    But the internal search is sometimes not the best, so using google as mkrueger suggest can be a good alternative anyway.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

8. Likes Tripitaka of AA, pgsmith liked this post