Rare discipline. Teaches to be, even if uncertain of self, be. Hello, my mame is John. I am 31 and at the age of 18, I was blessed. Dragon Paw Tai Chi Quan is a very rare art. It is a 12 step kata that literally allows each individual user, to create from there. These 12 steps are, for various reasons, to be uncertain of self. They allow you to move, react and be a part of your environment by simply being. What does this mean? If you fear something for example. As humans tend to do, we avoid that particular thing. This discipline utilizes this by allowing youbto accept your fear.
The main purpose of Dragon Paw is to not narrow it down to what a class could learn. More to what one could learn from themselves. We all are different and our aporoach to situations will alway ls vary. So does this martial art to say the least. The philosophies and excersises of Tai Chi Quan are mixed right in. It has been said that Tai Chi would make the ultimate martial art. I beg to differ and oppose by agreeing slightly. Tai Chi is the key to the ultimate life. The acceptance of uncertainty and what we believe to be. Down to breathing, movements, flow, chakra use (by weilders standards) and bottom line...BEING!
As a whole, Dragon Paw incorporates natural ability, truth of the matter, fear of the unknown, acceptance, change, understanding and so much more. Not to say any other martial art lacks any of these principles, standards etc. But as a red belt Taikwondo student as well. I found it rough to accept due to a past illness, i was unable to adapt my art into who I became versus who I was when learning. Dragon Paw is change without change. Realization of...be, even if uncertain, be.
The descriotion above is chopped into what I feel to be a horrible way of explaining my discipline as a whole. The fact I put it out there with uncertainty, I cannot deny who I am and where I need change. Be, and who u r will come to be. When one teaches, 2 learn.