Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Cheap Watches

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Miranda View Post
    I wear a ASUS ZenWatch 2 (Android Wear) watch.
    I used to say to myself, 'self...if it doesn't have gears it isn't a real watch.'

Then I saw this:

Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

2. Likes Steven Miranda, streem26 liked this post
    Likes (received)

I have two watches I have not used for many years and one I use now. The inexpensive watch I use now is called Ice Watch and I bought it at Haneda airport on my way to Europe. This watch comes in various colours and the one I chose is dark green, with gold fittings. It has a flexible green strap, probably of rubber. The watches I do not use are an Omega Seamaster, with a steel bezel and bracelet, and a Tissot Tachymeter watch. The Omega does not have a battery, but needs cleaning (I think) and servicing, but the charge for this will be about three times the cost of the Ice watch. The Tissot needs a new battery, but I will probably never use the tachymeter.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by P Goldsbury View Post
    ...The Omega...needs cleaning (I think) and servicing, but the charge for this will be about three times the cost of the Ice watch.
    Peter, if you're not in a hurry to get it back you could send it to me and I can clean and adjust it for you. No charge unless I need to replace parts, and I'd let you know in advance. (In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a WOSTEP certified watchmaker, and although I don't do it for a living anymore, I still have most of the tools and all of the experience needed to work on high-end watches. I apprenticed at a Rolex service center after graduating from the two-year school, the Watch Technology Institute at North Seattle College.)

Feel free to PM me.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    Peter, if you're not in a hurry to get it back you could send it to me and I can clean and adjust it for you. No charge unless I need to replace parts, and I'd let you know in advance. (In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a WOSTEP certified watchmaker, and although I don't do it for a living anymore, I still have most of the tools and all of the experience needed to work on high-end watches. I apprenticed at a Rolex service center after graduating from the two-year school, the Watch Technology Institute at North Seattle College.)

Feel free to PM me.
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for the mail and apologies for the late response. Considering the additional costs of mailing and insurance if I send the Omega to you, let me first go to a shop here in Hiroshima and see the kind of costs involved.

Best wishes,

PAG
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Good Evening Peter.,

If I may be so bold.

Before you go to the watch repairer, try warming it in your cupped hands for ten minutes or so, then holding it in your soft closed hand (like holding an egg) gently rotate it as if you were throwing it away.

This may start things moving.

It's amazing what a little warmth in the hand can accomplish.

Likes (received)

Want to add..Not a great picture but I have seen these in the flesh and they are lovely for the money. The new old Accurist logo is lovely on the face. Just a nice looking watch. Might get one as a stocking filler for Christmas http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4273589 There is a chrono version too. Look like of my Stuhrling.

Name:  accurist-men-s-stainless-steel-black-leather-strap-watch.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  7.1 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2