Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Where is Olympics Judo on TV

Likes (received)

Default Where is Olympics Judo on TV

I thought the schedule on TV indicated Judo last night; but, surprise, surprise -- table tennis and boxing. Wish their schedule listings were more specific. I hate TV Olympic broadcasting, hate it.

Likes (received)

It looks like NBC (NBCSN) network is covering Judo. See http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-...live-stream-tv for TV schedules, and also the same page for watching events online.

Devon

3. Likes mkrueger, Cady Goldfield liked this post
    Likes (received)

In the US, NBC has all the rights to the Olympics, so you have to have cable or other access that includes NBC's live stream. Otherwise, you have to get one of those incrypted software programs that lets you access servers in other countries and view off the live streams on the BBC, etc. that are otherwise forbidden territory.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Thanks yawl, was venting frustration at the TV coverage in general. I watched an hour of table tennis, great at is was, and a couple minutes of Judo. Gets old, but Judo is not very popular. Guess more perverts watch little girlie gymnastics, huh?

Likes (received)

Various judo websites and facebook pages are posting videos of the matches, at least. You can "google" the event and Youtube videos will come up of these. That's how I've been piecing together the Olympic judo events so far.

Speaking of "girlie" gymnastics, check out this photo of our US women's gymnastics team... Amazing group of athletes! (Maybe they will get interested in judo after they retire from gymnastics!)
    http://www.popsugar.com/news/US-Wome...-2016-41928321
    Last edited by Cady Goldfield; 10th August 2016 at 15:20.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by DustyMars View Post
    Thanks yawl, was venting frustration at the TV coverage in general. I watched an hour of table tennis, great at is was, and a couple minutes of Judo. Gets old, but Judo is not very popular. Guess more perverts watch little girlie gymnastics, huh?
    I finally figured it out as I was frustrated with the TV coverage. One has to go to nbcolympics.com. Then sign up with the site. After that check their schedule for the sport you want and at the time listed sign on and go to the live streaming of your sport. All done on the computer.

Pretty good coverage when one figures it out. It should be child's play to an astronomer! heh, heh. Then again I may be more child like.

As I have a strong interest in wrestling also, I won't miss much of it. Wrestling won't be on until the 14th. Greco will be first covered then freestyle. One should copy the schedule first then be on the computer at scheduled time.
    Dave Gorden "If wishes were horses, all beggars would ride".---Frank Osten

8. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post
    Likes (received)

While he was doing Sumo, at least Teddy bowed. Guess I'll have to find some old Judo videos to reminisce about what Judo was.

Likes (received)

How about Colton Brown; 21 seconds is fast for teaching uchimata. One of the old school techniques.

Likes (received)

Hello Prof. Nag,

You post is unformatted and is inappropriate for this forum. the history of karate has no place in a judo forum. Please be aware that I will format your post as soon as I have the time and also move it to a more appropriate forum.

Best wishes,

Administrator's Edit.

I have moved your post to a new thread in the Karate Forum.

When you leave the jailhouse, I will expect you to follow the rules of E-Budo more strictly, or your stay here will be quite short.

Best wishes,

E-Budo Administrator
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan