Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Questionable PM

Likes (received)

Default Questionable PM

Received the following PM - wonder if anyone else has gotten similar - poster is banned so I am assuming it was handled but FYI:

(Sarah Anthony)
    Banned

From Miss Sarah Anthony
    Lome Togo .

(CONFIDENTIAL MESSAGE)

Dearest One,

Good thing to write you. I have a proposal for you. This however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will.

I am Miss Sarah Anthony , the only daughter of my late parents Mr and Mrs Edward Anthony. My father was a highly reputable business magnet-(a Cocoa Merchant,Diamond and Gold Dealer) who operated in the capital of Lome Togo during his days. It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad.

Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before his death, he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he has the sum of Seventeen Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United State Dollars.(USD$17.7M) deposited in SECURITY COMPANY in Lome Togo.

For more details, Reply direct to my private E-mail ID: sarah2016anthony@gmail.com

He further told him that he deposited the Consignment in my name as the next of kin and he registered the Consignment as Family Values and finally issued a written instruction to his lawyer whom he said is in possession to handle all the necessary legal documents of the
    Consignment which he deposited in the SECURITY COMPANY and he instructed the lawyer to handover the documents to me whenever I need it.

I am a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want a foreign partner who assists me to retrieve this Consignment from the SECURITY COMPANY in Lome Togo .

This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Lome Togo. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.

Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1.Can you kindly tell me what the type of a profitable venture this
    fund will used to invest avoid waste of it.
    2). Can you honestly help me as your daughter?
    3). Can I completely trust you?
    4). What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for
    you after you have collected this consignment on my behalf?

Thanks and remain blessed,

waiting to hear from you,

Yours Sincerely,

Miss Sarah Anthony.

For more details, Reply direct to my private E-mail ID: sarah2016anthony@gmail.com

Likes (received)

Chris,

I got the same message and reported it to the mods.

Al
    Al Heinemann
    www.shofukan.ca

Likes (received)

Yes. I too received the PM and I banned the user. If you remember David Craik, he once conducted an exchange with some Nigerian scammers. I think it is in the E-Budo archives somewhere. The IP address seems to be in Lome and the questions asked are certainly interesting. I wonder what kind of answers he or she will receive for Question 3.

PAG
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

I've had e-mails of this type before, but today was the first time I've ever got one sent via a PM in a SIG forum.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

I remember reading a hilarious exchange between someone (maybe David Craik?) and a Nigerian scammer, some years ago. I guess none of us had the energy to try it this time around with "Sarah's" PM (which I also received).
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

The thread from a few years ago is this one. "Fun with Mr Abacha"

Much fun was had at the expense of the scammers, but it was an education for us all. And amazingly, it was more than a decade ago!
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Time has flown. Even the spammers aren't as interesting anymore.
    And, I miss "Dr. Stupid."
    Cady Goldfield

8. Likes pgsmith, Tripitaka of AA liked this post
    Likes (received)

Too bad, I just love dirty PM's I have always wondered how many complete idiots fall for such messages? But even my Yahoo mail stopped receiving letters from Ethiopia or some African country promising millions. Someone must have snagged only once a believing fish and emptied their bank accounts.

10. Likes Cady Goldfield liked this post