Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Re: Edinburgh Kempo

Likes (received)

Default Re: Edinburgh Kempo

Hi all,

[/Unlurk]
    How are you doing, long time no see, how are the kids etc. etc.

Shorinji Kempo in Edinburgh

I should have done this ages ago, of course, but there is a new Dojo in Edinburgh, for anyone stuck up here who wants to train.

If you know of any 'Sleeper Kenshi' in Edinburgh, or even if you're just visiting the city and fancy getting your Kempo fix, then please do come along. Details in the attached poster (including a link to a most poorly designed website that may amuse you somewhat).

Any questions, or if you want to pass my details on to anyone, they can email edinburghkempo@gmail.com.

[Relurk]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JC McCrae

2. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post
    Likes (received)

Hi Jame, long time no see, how're kids, etc.

Very nice to see that Shorinji Kempo is alive and applying foot pressure to tender places up in the frozen northern extremities. Does this mean that you are the man in charge? The gent with the frock? The face at the front giving out the words of wisdom and counting out the elements of atemi?

Burning question for the purposes of full disclosure... are you affiliated with any other flavours of Shorinji Kempo currently inhabiting the British Isles? I'm not seeking to stir or agitate, but I can see how this is the sort of question that newcomers should be encouraged to ask. I don't know if you have a historic connection with any other groups (other than that I remember you as a thoughtful and enthusiastic contributor to this forum over the years).

I wish you well in your venture.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripitaka of AA View Post
    Very nice to see that Shorinji Kempo is alive and applying foot pressure to tender places up in the frozen northern extremities. Does this mean that you are the man in charge? The gent with the frock? The face at the front giving out the words of wisdom and counting out the elements of atemi?

Burning question for the purposes of full disclosure... are you affiliated with any other flavours of Shorinji Kempo currently inhabiting the British Isles? I'm not seeking to stir or agitate, but I can see how this is the sort of question that newcomers should be encouraged to ask. I don't know if you have a historic connection with any other groups (other than that I remember you as a thoughtful and enthusiastic contributor to this forum over the years).

I wish you well in your venture.
    Hi David,

Yes, I'm the Branch Master, but no frock as only Nidan. BSKF dojo but all welcome. The branch is something of an offshoot of Glasgow Uni dojo, as I'm still an assistant coach there, but now living in Edinburgh, hence me setting up a club here.

We're training on Sundays 12-2pm at the moment, but I hope to add a second session soon. If any forumites know of people in Edinburgh wanting to train, please let them know we're available.
    JC McCrae

5. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post