Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Resurrection of the national karate jujitsu union

Likes (received)

Default Resurrection of the national karate jujitsu union

On March 12, 2016, the 2nd Director of the National Karate Jujitsu Union decided that he wanted to retire from Budo. As such, Hanshi Tola E. Lewis, Jr. appointed me as the 3rd Director (Kaicho) of the NKJU. As such, my newly appointed VP, Mark Moore and I have been working feverishly to rebuild membership.

For those of you who may remember, the founder of NKJU was Richard P. Baillargeon. After he passed Hanshi Lewis became the 2nd Director. In November 2016, the NKJU will have been in existence for 43 years. Like most organizations, NKJU has had it's ups and downs but has managed to keep it doors open. I did not want to see what started in 1974 close its doors and rich history.

I am Hanshi Lewis's most senior student and started my budo career at the inception of NKJU back in 74, so this November will make 43 years for me as well.

If you are a sensei with or without a dojo and wish to join a growing organization, please consider NKJU. We are seeking membership on a broad scale, to include, state and regional representatives. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure at 757-653-1287, email at nkju.kaicho@gmail.com. Rei - Osu!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steven E. Johnson, Nanadan
    Motobu-Ha Shito-ryu Karate-Do
    Kaicho, National Karate Jujitsu Union
    nkju.kaicho@gmail.com
    http://facebook.com/nkju2016