Further facts and comments regarding KOSHIKI HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA, ITS PIONEERS, NOTEWORTHY CHAMPIONS, ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS AND COMPETITORS are welcomed in this sub forum. The following are the last two posts carried forward to this new sub forum…..

6/10/2016

Thank you for the update. Yes totally agree on your comment re correct facts. There seems to be some misinterpretation/confusion regarding Nigel Sensei's 8th Dan grading.

He stated on Social Media on the 7th July ...... Sic "During my recent grading examination under Hanshi Patrick McKean 10th Dan, the kata I performed was Kudakano Seisan". "Buki-ho from my recent grading test (Gorin no Jo - clavical, jaw, forearm, bicep, sternum, bladder, pereneal, femeral, tibial and superficial pereneal strikes, or high middle and low attacks from defensive tactics)".

11/10/2016

Congratulations to both Jim Griffin and Tony Fletcher of the Shorinjiryu Koshinkai Karate Australia in representing Australia at the 30th Shorinjiryu Shinzen Kyokai Karate tournament in New York recently.

Jim Griffin 7th Dan Kyoshi, and Max Estens 7th Dan Kyoshi are the Chief Instructors of the Shorinjiryu Koshinkai in Australia. Both Jim and Max were students of Hanshi Phil Hooper 9th Dan (IRKRS), and Hanshi Scott Brown 9th Dan (IRKRS) respectively. Both Phil and Scott were notable National and International WKKF Koshiki Champions & Pioneers of Koshiki.

Jim Griffin Kyoshi was a consistent WKKF Koshiki fighter in Australia during his younger days, and it’s wonderful to hear him still competing in these events, his first in 25 years placing 2nd in kata (Kusanku Dai) and 1st in Weapons. The tournament was hosted by Hanshi Myron Lubitsch 9th Dan in New York.

Tony performed splendidly also, placing 4th in Kata and 2nd in Weapons. Particularly, Tony demonstrated his adaptation of the Shishiryu no Bo kata, using the eku (oar) that he has worked on for the past year.

Other notable Karateka at the tournament included Kaicho Watanabe Shunji 9th Dan Hanshi, a direct student of Hisataka Kori. Watanabe sensei is the head of the Shorinjiryu Kenyukai Watanabe-Ha Federation.

Again, thank you for the information & congratulations Jim and Tony.