This is kinda a big thread and I apologize but here goes:

I am looking into joining a dojo in my town. However, I am somewhat skeptic about the instructor. He indicates that he studied under Sensei Milton Lederman (in the 1970's), who in turn studied under Yoshiteru Otani who happen to be a former Sensei and founder of the New York Budokai Dojo. Is there any way that this can be veryified? He said his martial arts started on the 1970's so this is all long before my time.

In addition to trying to verify his claim with Yoshiteru Otani can someone shine some light on who was Sensei Milton Lederman? I have tried to find information about Milton Lederman but come up with nothing other then some old Black Belt articles from the 1970's.

Some arts he said he has studied:
1. Siho Yamabushi ryu - again not a lot of information except what he spoke about to me.
2. Ko-sei-ryu Bu-jutsu - I never hear do of this.
3. He also indicates he studied Okinawan Karate, Isshin-ryu Karate and Ju-jutsu under another named Sensei William K. Glunt. I can not find anything about him either.

I am trying to double check every the best I can before I get my self into a wearied situation . . .

- Thank you