Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Tenshin Ryu Hyouhu 天心流兵法

Likes (received)

Default Tenshin Ryu Hyouhu 天心流兵法

hi guys
    天心流兵法
    is it a koryu? how can I find out that this is a real koryu? I would like to join them and train with them
    thanks

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by D.walker View Post
    hi guys
    天心流兵法
    is it a koryu? how can I find out that this is a real koryu? I would like to join them and train with them
    thanks
    Wow - this is the third time I've seen this question asked in the past month.

No, not koryu - a reconstruction, based on legitimate densho (as far as I know)

I'm not aware of any groups outside Japan, but they seem very keen to promote themselves, I have no doubt you can contact them and ask about training.

3. Likes D.walker, cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

Just a small correction that may make further research easier: it's "hyouho" (also written "hyoho"), not "hyouhu."
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

5. Likes D.walker, cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by B.Finn View Post
    Wow - this is the third time I've seen this question asked in the past month.

No, not koryu - a reconstruction, based on legitimate densho (as far as I know)

I'm not aware of any groups outside Japan, but they seem very keen to promote themselves, I have no doubt you can contact them and ask about training.
    thank you Mr. Finn,
    can you tell me the name of legitimate densho? because they have no any densho

Likes (received)

You're welcome.

Sorry I don't really understand the question - you are asking for the names of the densho they have used? Then asserted that they don't have any densho?

I'm afraid I'm not personally connected and have no first hand information. I was informed by a sempai in Japan that it was a reconstruction based on old densho.. he could have been mistaken I suppose.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by D.walker View Post
    they said burned! when home's master Nakamura Tenshin have burned.
    I'm so sorry!
    I can not edit my posts
    !!
    when 9th grand master's home (Nakamura Tenshin Sensei) have burned.

ADMIN: Hello. You are allowed a certain time in which you can edit your posts. Since you have made a new post, correcting the old one, I have deleted the old post.

Best wishes,

Likes (received)

They are not real koryu. They seem to be a tate (stagefighting) group that works from material which is mostly authentic.

FWIW I have heard they are nice guys, and haven't heard anything particularly damning of their character, though it seems to me they DO say they are koryu, which I think may get them into trouble down the line.

If you want to do koryu, look elsewhere. If you like what you see on their facebook page, though, get in touch and see if you can train with them. It actually looks like it could be fun.

10. Likes D.walker liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Judge View Post
    They are not real koryu. They seem to be a tate (stagefighting) group that works from material which is mostly authentic.

FWIW I have heard they are nice guys, and haven't heard anything particularly damning of their character, though it seems to me they DO say they are koryu, which I think may get them into trouble down the line.

If you want to do koryu, look elsewhere. If you like what you see on their facebook page, though, get in touch and see if you can train with them. It actually looks like it could be fun.
    thank you Mr. Judge,
    they say they are a koryu with 400 years tradition, but you say they are not a KORYU.
    why do you say they are not a koryu?