Likes Likes:  2

Thread: What to do What to do

Likes (received)

Default What to do What to do

So, as the song goes times-they-are-a-changing for me.

i've a new job that is going to be taking over somewhat, up at 6am to sort the hound then off to the office, after beating the traffic home I'll be in around 6pm, which of course isn't that late but all the local Karate classes start at 6pm..

I don't want to stop Karate but I don't think i'll be able to make regular classes. I need to be training at around 8pm onwards and for that there's nothing. Karate is more of a family thing around here so the classes are on earlier to attract parents with kids or just the kids on their own.

I'm only 2nd Kyu at the moment so not like I can really go off and start my own thing are my grade as i've still lots to learn but other than solo training I don't know what I can do.

anyone else had this happen? how did you get past it?

I also train in Judo and have been attending a study group for Daito Ryu which both are uneffected by my change but Karate has always been my base. I'd really like to get to shodan.

Likes (received)

Talk to the teacher.

Maybe there are other people that would like a somewhat later class.

If you like the teacher and the class, maybe you get some friends to take the later class. Make it worth the teachers time.

In not, perhaps they could suggest another school/teacher that did have classes at a later time.

Sounds like you already have a lot on your plate.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

3. Likes Cady Goldfield, Brian Owens liked this post
    Likes (received)

Ditto to what Chris said. In addition, I'm guessing you don't work seven days a week; maybe you could see what's available near you on your day(s) off.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---