Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wrist exercises and acupuncture meridans

Likes (received)

Default Wrist exercises and acupuncture meridans

Years ago I read that the wrist exercises:
    Nikkyo undo, sankyo undo and Kote gaeshi stimulated certain acupuncture meridians.
    I am not sure where I read it. It might have been Gaku Homma and I have his book on order but I thought maybe it might be a good topic to discus. I would think it would need to be the ones that end in the hand like large intestine. Does anyone have any knowledge or opinions about which exercises stimulate which meridians?
    thanks,
    Len McCoy

Likes (received)

Well I found my answer on page 27 of Homma Sensei's "Aikido For Life"(really good book):
    "The nikkyo exercise follows the keiraku for rokuzo (kanzo, shinzo, hizo, jinzo, haizo and shinpo).... The second stimulation exercise for is a warm-up for techniques called kotegaeshi. In Shiatsu terms , stimulation from this exercise follows the keiraku for roppu(tanno, shocho, daicho, boko, i and sancho)". By way of translation keiraku is acupuncture meridian rokuzo are yin organs and roppu are yang organs. Of the top of my head sancho is triple warmer, daicho is large intestine and shocho is small intestine. All twelve organ meridians are there including ones like kidneys that do not go into the hands. If your Japanese is better than mine feel free to correct anything I have said so far.

Anyway still leaves the question can two simple exercises really stimulate all the organ meridians?
    Interested in any ones feedback.
    Len McCoy