So, after 7 months of absolutely zero training i'm back in action and by god am I feeling it!!!

I'd moved, changed jobs (so I can actually have a life!) and planning a wedding, all kept me off the mat.

I've joined a new Karate Club as I was having issues with my old one. New group is fantastic, take it all very seriously and i've learned more in the last 2 weeks with them than the last 2 months with the old.

Anyway!! onto my questions.

Once i'm back up to speed i'll be aiming for first kyu. Now I want to do well and want to show myself in the best way and come away feeling happy with my efforts. I don't think I can do that with my current flexibility. The main issue seems to be inner groin. After kicking roundhouse for example my groin really hurts, now i'm fully stretched and warm etc but there always seems to be bone resisitance rather than the normal feeling of tight muscles. Is there a good supplementary training session I could do on my own to relax this area, increase general flexibility and make these kicks easier to perform?