Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bagua or other Neijia

Likes (received)

Default Bagua or other Neijia

Hello,

I'm looking for a teacher or study group that trains in Bagua or other Neijia.

I'm located in North East Pennsylvania.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Likes (received)

Not bagua, but if you are interested in internal Chinese arts, you might look into Zhong Xin Dao I Liq Chuan. There is a branch in Philadelphia under Lan Tran and Nancy Watterson, disciples of the grand master Sam Chin. Do a google search and info on ILC should come up, but Lan Tran’s Internal Fusion Studio is located at 4919 Monument Road, Philadelphia
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Cady,

Thanks I tried contacting their Allentown representative and got no answer. There's supposedly a guy named J
    Benson that taught but I don't think his lineage is legit
    Also their was a N
    Marylyn Cooper but she moved to CA. Tried her but no answer.

Likes (received)

I would try contacting Lan Tran in Philadelphia and asking if he can connect you with someone in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. He knows a lot of the other instructors. Some of the listings on the I Liq Chuan website are outdated.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Hi Robert, When I first read your post I thought maybe you were in the town of North East Pennsylvania in Erie County which paradoxically is in North West Pennsylvania.
    I was thinking about if it would be practical for you to study by zoom with my teacher in Pittsburgh and make an occasional trip to train in person. Most of his Bagua students start in his Xingyi class and after a while he starts teaching them Bagua. My teacher does have a clearly tracable Bagua lineage. His teaching style is friendly and fairly flexible so you might be able to start in Bagua. Since I have not talked to him about posting his name send me a message if interested. It is a commercial school with a website.
    Respectfully, Len McCoy