Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: My Day With The Donald

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default My Day With The Donald

    31 years ago, I went shooting with this guy, and we met a guy......it happened just this way.

    https://heavyfeatherreview.org/2018/10/04/cuffee/
    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

  2. Likes pgsmith liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Likes (received)
    11

    Default

    Aaron, do you shoot High Power? Two of my friends and hunting pards shoot High Power.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Blue Ridge, Texas
    Posts
    1,988
    Likes (received)
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elder999 View Post
    31 years ago, I went shooting with this guy, and we met a guy......it happened just this way.
    That was interesting and entertaining Jeff! A bit bizarre, but pretty entertaining.

    Thanks!
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

  5. Likes elder999 liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    678
    Likes (received)
    110

    Default

    Jeff - I had no idea what a writer/storyteller you are. Lots more people need to read you. So I linked the piece on Facebook. I'm going through your book reviews now.

  7. Likes pgsmith, elder999 liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Likes (received)
    83

    Default

    Well it says "tall tale" right in the title so one really can't claim that much veracity about it.

    I've got a pretty good story about after our online sparring, Elder and I actually got on the mat together.

    A surprisingly short story as it turns out. Well short for Elder anyway. (there should be a wink here but its not supported)

    And it really, really, really, happened. Trust me. I mean I have no proof and there is no way to track down any witnesses, but it happened. (I'd put a wink right here but its not supported.)

    Leftist believe that the personal is political. That each and every sphere of human existence is merely an extension of their politics. So politics need to be expressed everywhere. Kids games, football, cartoons, etc. etc, everywhere and in everything.

    And now martial arts.

    One of the reasons I train is to find a place where things like politics don't intrude.
    Last edited by cxt; 22nd December 2018 at 03:40.
    Chris Thomas

    "While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

    "Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Well it says "tall tale" right in the title so one really can't claim that much veracity about it.

    I've got a pretty good story about after our online sparring, Elder and I actually got on the mat together.

    A surprisingly short story as it turns out. Well short for Elder anyway. (there should be a wink here but its not supported)

    And it really, really, really, happened. Trust me. I mean I have no proof and there is no way to track down any witnesses, but it happened. (I'd put a wink right here but its not supported.)

    Leftist believe that the personal is political. That each and every sphere of human existence is merely an extension of their politics. So politics need to be expressed everywhere. Kids games, football, cartoons, etc. etc, everywhere and in everything.

    And now martial arts.

    One of the reasons I train is to find a place where things like politics don't intrude.
    There were no politics in my story, Chris-and it is a work of fiction..."the Donald" character in my story is charming, articulate, soft-spoken and intelligent enough to perform some trigonometry in his head.

    None of these are ways that I-or anyone else!-would describe a particular political figure you might be thinking of, and any resemblance between the two is purely coincidental.

    That's my story,anyway, and I'm sticking to it....for self-preservation, more than anything else. I wouldn't be the first retiree to have his security clearance yanked for no reason other than perceived politics.It is, in fact, exactly what I told Anderson Cooper's research assistant....

    However:

    "Anyway, I said that you’d know something about the Donald that you didn’t know before, and now you do. Not that he’s a racist, misogynist, sexist, hyperbolist. Not that he’s a sore loser, or a loudmouthed braggart, and serial groper, and the son of a Klansman and German-American Bund member.

    You knew all that, and, yet, here we are.

    In the months and years to come we’re probably gonna learn lots about the Donald that he never wanted us to know, and we never wanted to know, like about money Russian oligarchs (read, Russian mob) have invested in his businesses, or his friendships with even less savory characters. Maybe we’ll get to hear tapes or see video of him saying vile, sexist, and racist things, and maybe we’ll even get to see his tax returns.

    Eventually, though, someone will uncover what you know now, that you probably didn’t before: that the Donald has—or once had—what some people would think of as an edgy hobby, and he was pretty good at it: good enough to score within a hair of an Olympian and one of the “twenty best shots in the world.” Some enterprising reporter will dig it up, or someone he’s told about it will mention it, if they haven’t already. The Donald likes to brag; maybe he’ll reveal it himself. I can just hear him: “I’m the best shot—the best. My bullseyes are the bullsyest ever!” or “I know more about sniper craft than the snipers, okay?” You’ll hear he is or was a helluva shooter, and you’ll remember you heard it here first, and if that’s true, then what else is?"
    Last edited by elder999; 22nd December 2018 at 18:46.
    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

  10. Likes pgsmith liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Likes (received)
    83

    Default

    Yeah so you made it up to stick words the man never said in his mouth.

    Which is pretty sick dude.

    And pretty craven. Intellectually anyway. Or phrased another fashion, you enjoy making stuff up to exercise your hate, but fear the consequences of doing so.

    If the man was as bad as you claim, then why the need to invent stories?

    Obama was the worst President since Jefferson Davis. And your tagline applies far more to him than the current occupant of the White House.

    But I don't spend my off-time writing lengthy, detailed, fictional stories about the man.

    Which BTW says more about you than then the target of your ire.

    Nor do link said stories to my own website---leveraging your membership here to drive hits to your own site BTW.

    But like I said, Leftists believe at a fundamental level that the personal is political--that there is no sphere in which ones personal politics is not important.

    I profoundly disagree.

    Oh BTW--on the "sniper" thing, did you forget that Obama once quipped he knew more than his own policy advisors.

    But oddly you didn't pen lengthy fantasy stories about that.

    I would also submit that nearly any criticism of a Trump applies to a Clinton, a Kennedy or other Democrat---but in your frothing hypocrisy you fail to note it.
    Last edited by cxt; 29th December 2018 at 02:26.
    Chris Thomas

    "While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

    "Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Yeah so you made it up to stick words the man never said in his mouth.

    Which is pretty sick dude.

    And pretty craven. Intellectually anyway. Or phrased another fashion, you enjoy making stuff up to exercise your hate, but fear the consequences of doing so.

    If the man was as bad as you claim, then why the need to invent stories?
    Not at all what I said, but I guess subtlety is lost on you.
    Whatever-thanks for your opinion.
    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

  13. Likes pgsmith liked this post
  14. #9
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Blue Ridge, Texas
    Posts
    1,988
    Likes (received)
    120

    Default

    That whooshing noise? .....
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

  15. Likes elder999 liked this post
  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Likes (received)
    83

    Default

    Hardly, that is precisely what he said/did.

    I didn't reply to Elder b/c like I said, I don't believe in dragging politics into every area of my life. I used to go around and around with him many years ago, it accomplished nothing.

    But that simply isn't accurate, that is exactly what he said and what he meant.

    His carefully framed denial/not-denial above admits it BTW.

    So that "whooshing noise" ain't at all in my direction.
    Chris Thomas

    "While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

    "Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Hardly, that is precisely what he said/did.

    I didn't reply to Elder b/c like I said, I don't believe in dragging politics into every area of my life. I used to go around and around with him many years ago, it accomplished nothing. .
    Like I said, there's nothing at all political in my story.

    And it's "alternative facts." Prove them wrong.There are enough breadcrumbs of fact in that story to track down how much veracity is there.....in fact, that's the direction I pointed Anderson Cooper's research assistant in, and likely the direction she took.....

    Of course, as I also said (and you've ignored) that if the person you think I was writing about proves to be or have been a skilled long-distance marksman, what else is true?

    (Anyone interested in the other story, about the second time I met the Donald?? It's much shorter....)
    Last edited by elder999; 10th January 2019 at 22:14.
    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Likes (received)
    83

    Default

    Why can't you just leave me alone? Why must you continue to try and harass me about this? I made it clear that I didn't want to discuss this with you.

    But ok, fine.

    1st of COURSE its "political" you invented a story and put words in someone's mouth they didn't actually say--and you did it b/c you don't like the mans politics---note you didn't write your little screed over the 20 years plus he was in the public eye. In what fashion is that not political?

    We have discussed stuff in the past, your politics are hardly a secret.

    2'nd "prove them wrong" -----You have the Burden of Proof exactly backwards, Burden of proof is on the claimant--you said it happened, not my job to prove it or IDID or DIDN'T, its your job to prove it DID

    And I see no proofs---while you previously said you made it up.

    That you were not 100% negative isn't the point, which is called damning with faint praise BTW , you invented a fake event, you above spun a denial/non-denial NOW your saying it did happen? Or it did unless I prove it didn't.

    Jeez dude, at least keep your own story straight.

    And you wonder why I find it pointless to try and have a discussion with you?

    Typical Lefty, can't get something as simple as the Burden Of Proof straight on a story you claim is both is both true and fictional/fictional but true. Wasn't that already some reporters line about some fake news story about Bush?

    "the person I was writing about"

    Oh, you don't mean the The Donald---there are just 35 MILLION PLUS references to Trump referring to him as The Donald. You are just ignorant then?
    Last edited by cxt; 10th January 2019 at 23:11.
    Chris Thomas

    "While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

    "Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Why can't you just leave me alone? Why must you continue to try and harass me about this? I made it clear that I didn't want to discuss this with you.

    But ok, fine.
    Because I refuse to let you have the "last word" on this.



    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    1st of COURSE its "political" you invented a story and put words in someone's mouth they didn't actually say--and you did it b/c you don't like the mans politics---note you didn't write your little screed over the 20 years plus he was in the public eye. In what fashion is that not political?
    I wrote a story as fiction-I made nothing up, and didn't put words in anyone's mouth. Everything in that story was actually said....by someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    We have discussed stuff in the past, your politics are hardly a secret.
    Apparently, my politics are a secret. I've been a registered Republican for nearly 30 years.

    There's nothing political in the story at all, at any rate, and any dislike I have for the Donald character in the story is thoroughly explained in the story, and free of politics. Really.

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    2'nd "prove them wrong" -----You have the Burden of Proof exactly backwards, Burden of proof is on the claimant--you said it happened, not my job to prove it or IDID or DIDN'T, its your job to prove it DID

    And I see no proofs---while you previously said you made it up.
    I even said I had no proof. Hence, the fiction.....on the other hand, as I said, and you've chosen to ignore, sooner or later it will be revealed that I knew something that no one else (to my knowledge) has said publicly.

    but, like I said, you can believe what you like.........

    Last edited by elder999; 10th January 2019 at 23:47.
    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Likes (received)
    83

    Default

    But I LET you have the last word I was responding to someone else entirely. You simply won't leave me alone.

    And why is so crucial that you "not allow" someone who disagrees with you to have the last word----after all you STARTED all this with your "Look at me, Look at ME!!!!" post. You can't allow someone to have the last word---sounds like you need some serious help, a GROWN MAN that can "not allow" someone on the internet to have the last word???......wow dude, just wow.

    News-flash--"fiction" by definition IS "made up" as in "fictional." As in you made it up.

    "by someone" just not the person you claimed.

    Nope, remember you and I have a rather lengthy discussion history on this very site--- I know your politics as well as you do.

    And as I pointed out--Burden of Proof is on the claimant--which is you. Do you not understand that--I can suggest some online resources to help improve your vocabulary and information base.

    "my dislike for the Donald is fully explained" in your fictional story? You dislike a fictional person you named The Donald? And then preceded to bash Donald Trump who has zero to do with your story except of course the name of the main character and why you dislike him?

    Again, I google the words The Donald and I get over 35 MILLION references to Donald Trump---so are you simply ignorant of the connection?

    Sheesh Elder, you used to at least put up some sort of fight back in the day----you were woefully misinformed and your logic was fallacious but at least you had an actual point to make.

    This craven its fictional but really happened stuff is disappointing---and derivative---- the whole "fake but a accurate" so to speak has already been done by a Lefty "reporter" about Bush.

    Seriously fictional but true is really all you have??????

    Its more in common with a Richard-From-The-Internet. Not someone that actually has something important to say.
    Last edited by cxt; 11th January 2019 at 02:04.
    Chris Thomas

    "While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

    "Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Savoir faire is everywhere!!
    Posts
    2,935
    Likes (received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    But I LET you have the last word I was responding to someone else entirely. You simply won't leave me alone.

    And why is so crucial that you "not allow" someone who disagrees with you to have the last word----after all you STARTED all this with your "Look at me, Look at ME!!!!" post. You can't allow someone to have the last word---sounds like you need some serious help, a GROWN MAN that can "not allow" someone on the internet to have the last word???......wow dude, just wow.

    News-flash--"fiction" by definition IS "made up" as in "fictional." As in you made it up.

    "by someone" just not the person you claimed.

    Nope, remember you and I have a rather lengthy discussion history on this very site--- I know your politics as well as you do.

    And as I pointed out--Burden of Proof is on the claimant--which is you. Do you not understand that--I can suggest some online resources to help improve your vocabulary and information base.

    "my dislike for the Donald is fully explained" in your fictional story? You dislike a fictional person you named The Donald? And then preceded to bash Donald Trump who has zero to do with your story except of course the name of the main character and why you dislike him?

    Again, I google the words The Donald and I get over 35 MILLION references to Donald Trump---so are you simply ignorant of the connection?

    Sheesh Elder, you used to at least put up some sort of fight back in the day----you were woefully misinformed and your logic was fallacious but at least you had an actual point to make.

    This craven its fictional but really happened stuff is disappointing---and derivative---- the whole "fake but a accurate" so to speak has already been done by a Lefty "reporter" about Bush.

    Seriously fictional but true is really all you have??????

    Its more in common with a Richard-From-The-Internet. Not someone that actually has something important to say.
    Hey, I didn't start it.

    Aaron J. Cuffee


    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Donald Walker - Pioneer of American Self-Defense
    By Prince Loeffler in forum Member's Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th May 2006, 20:25
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th December 2005, 20:19
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th October 2005, 22:32
  4. Secret Fighting Techniques of Donald Rumsfeld
    By Joshua Lerner in forum Member's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th February 2004, 23:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •