Likes Likes:  8

Thread: My Day With The Donald

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Likes (received)

Default My Day With The Donald

31 years ago, I went shooting with this guy, and we met a guy......it happened just this way.

https://heavyfeatherreview.org/2018/10/04/cuffee/
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

2. Likes pgsmith liked this post
    Likes (received)

Aaron, do you shoot High Power? Two of my friends and hunting pards shoot High Power.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by elder999 View Post
    31 years ago, I went shooting with this guy, and we met a guy......it happened just this way.
    That was interesting and entertaining Jeff! A bit bizarre, but pretty entertaining.

Thanks!
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

5. Likes elder999 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Jeff - I had no idea what a writer/storyteller you are. Lots more people need to read you. So I linked the piece on Facebook. I'm going through your book reviews now.

7. Likes pgsmith, elder999 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Well it says "tall tale" right in the title so one really can't claim that much veracity about it.

I've got a pretty good story about after our online sparring, Elder and I actually got on the mat together.

A surprisingly short story as it turns out. Well short for Elder anyway. (there should be a wink here but its not supported)

And it really, really, really, happened. Trust me. I mean I have no proof and there is no way to track down any witnesses, but it happened. (I'd put a wink right here but its not supported.)

Leftist believe that the personal is political. That each and every sphere of human existence is merely an extension of their politics. So politics need to be expressed everywhere. Kids games, football, cartoons, etc. etc, everywhere and in everything.

And now martial arts.

One of the reasons I train is to find a place where things like politics don't intrude.
    Last edited by cxt; 22nd December 2018 at 03:40.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    Well it says "tall tale" right in the title so one really can't claim that much veracity about it.

I've got a pretty good story about after our online sparring, Elder and I actually got on the mat together.

A surprisingly short story as it turns out. Well short for Elder anyway. (there should be a wink here but its not supported)

And it really, really, really, happened. Trust me. I mean I have no proof and there is no way to track down any witnesses, but it happened. (I'd put a wink right here but its not supported.)

Leftist believe that the personal is political. That each and every sphere of human existence is merely an extension of their politics. So politics need to be expressed everywhere. Kids games, football, cartoons, etc. etc, everywhere and in everything.

And now martial arts.

One of the reasons I train is to find a place where things like politics don't intrude.
    There were no politics in my story, Chris-and it is a work of fiction..."the Donald" character in my story is charming, articulate, soft-spoken and intelligent enough to perform some trigonometry in his head.

None of these are ways that I-or anyone else!-would describe a particular political figure you might be thinking of, and any resemblance between the two is purely coincidental.

That's my story,anyway, and I'm sticking to it....for self-preservation, more than anything else. I wouldn't be the first retiree to have his security clearance yanked for no reason other than perceived politics.It is, in fact, exactly what I told Anderson Cooper's research assistant....

However:

"Anyway, I said that you’d know something about the Donald that you didn’t know before, and now you do. Not that he’s a racist, misogynist, sexist, hyperbolist. Not that he’s a sore loser, or a loudmouthed braggart, and serial groper, and the son of a Klansman and German-American Bund member.

You knew all that, and, yet, here we are.

In the months and years to come we’re probably gonna learn lots about the Donald that he never wanted us to know, and we never wanted to know, like about money Russian oligarchs (read, Russian mob) have invested in his businesses, or his friendships with even less savory characters. Maybe we’ll get to hear tapes or see video of him saying vile, sexist, and racist things, and maybe we’ll even get to see his tax returns.

Eventually, though, someone will uncover what you know now, that you probably didn’t before: that the Donald has—or once had—what some people would think of as an edgy hobby, and he was pretty good at it: good enough to score within a hair of an Olympian and one of the “twenty best shots in the world.” Some enterprising reporter will dig it up, or someone he’s told about it will mention it, if they haven’t already. The Donald likes to brag; maybe he’ll reveal it himself. I can just hear him: “I’m the best shot—the best. My bullseyes are the bullsyest ever!” or “I know more about sniper craft than the snipers, okay?” You’ll hear he is or was a helluva shooter, and you’ll remember you heard it here first, and if that’s true, then what else is?"
    Last edited by elder999; 22nd December 2018 at 18:46.
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

10. Likes pgsmith liked this post
    Likes (received)

Yeah so you made it up to stick words the man never said in his mouth.

Which is pretty sick dude.

And pretty craven. Intellectually anyway. Or phrased another fashion, you enjoy making stuff up to exercise your hate, but fear the consequences of doing so.

If the man was as bad as you claim, then why the need to invent stories?

Obama was the worst President since Jefferson Davis. And your tagline applies far more to him than the current occupant of the White House.

But I don't spend my off-time writing lengthy, detailed, fictional stories about the man.

Which BTW says more about you than then the target of your ire.

Nor do link said stories to my own website---leveraging your membership here to drive hits to your own site BTW.

But like I said, Leftists believe at a fundamental level that the personal is political--that there is no sphere in which ones personal politics is not important.

I profoundly disagree.

Oh BTW--on the "sniper" thing, did you forget that Obama once quipped he knew more than his own policy advisors.

But oddly you didn't pen lengthy fantasy stories about that.

I would also submit that nearly any criticism of a Trump applies to a Clinton, a Kennedy or other Democrat---but in your frothing hypocrisy you fail to note it.
    Last edited by cxt; 29th December 2018 at 02:26.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.