I'm interested in people's perspective on the technique called Yama Meguri in Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu. In Sugino Yoshio Sensei's book it's to invite an attack from the opponent, and then counter with an attack of your own. What I find peculiar is that it's rather frequent in the first three kata, which suggests to me it must be an important technique. Comparatively, Okkachi is done in three of four Omote Tachi kata, but I can understand why. Okkachi is a difficult technique, but very powerful. However, I don't understand what the power of Yama Meguri is yet.

So my question is, why do you think it's so frequent, why is it so important, and of course, what is it I'm not getting? I do have a very great sensei who I will ask, I'm just curious about what people think about it, and maybe there's some historical sources I'm unaware of.

For people who don't know what Yama Meguri is, it's the spinning move at 10:40 https://youtu.be/3NbOfLwWjAk
Do other schools also have this technique? I've only seen it in TSKSR, but maybe other schools have something similar that can give me a perspective on the idea behind the technique.