Hi everyone, maybe someone has knowledge and experience about this and is willing to share.

In view of the difficulty of storage and transport I am considering the possibility of storage and practice outdoors.
Demonstrations the existing yaris, which are relics, try to protect them from rain, wrap the shafts in packing film, etc.

I have questions about the care, storage and operation of battlefield polearms weapons and their associated properties.

As far as I understand exploitation took place in a variety of weather conditions and environments.
How does cold, moisture, heat, dryness, and over what period of time affect the exploitation characteristics of the weapon?
Does it become more brittle, heavier, etc.

In castles like Himeji, weapons were stored in racks 武具掛け(ぶぐかけ), and these castles were protected from wind and rain, but hardly heated essentially being a barn.

As a sample Himeji has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and cool winters. Summers are significantly wetter than winters.
Temperature lowest in January, at around 4.4 °C (39.9 °F).The highest temperature ever recorded in Himeji was 38.0 °C (100.4 °F) on 31 August 2020; the coldest temperature ever recorded was -10.0 °C....

It is known that modern wooden training weapons are either oil impregnated, which allows palms to slide on the surface, or waxed, which provides better friction.

More than once I have seen that the shafts of naginatas and yari are varnished.

I would like to clarify from what epoch and whether spear and naginata shafts were always covered with varnish and what kind of protective properties, composition and characteristics of this varnish? What can be considered as modern analogues. How often was it necessary to renew such a protective coating?
Whether the shaft slid well in the hands or hands on the shaft (if such use was allowed), or whether some friction was preferred to prevent the weapon from slipping out of the hands when in contact with enemy weapons and handling in fog, rain, and water.

Accordingly, were palm guards, gloves, etc. required?

What I know about bow use is that there were bows for cold seasons and hot seasons. Could there have been an accounting of such in the design of spears, halberds, arrows?

How was the operation of such weapons in cold, snow, rain?

Providing protection for metal parts from oxidation and rusting oils varnishes, something similar.

Thank you all in advance for their responses and interest in the topic.