Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Check out the incredible masters on this page!!

Likes (received)

This a council of aiki related arts. Check out the glorious masters of Atemi Ryu listed.I may be very wrong, there may be some very credible sensei on this page but...

http://www.iaacab.com/page0008.html

Anyone here been approached for membership?

Mollberg Guest

hmmmmmm......don't know what to make of it....

They are all "board certified" so they must be good!

Mokushin Guest

Kinda helps to get "board certified" when you, if fact, ARE the board. Just another grand example of "hey, let's get together and promote each other to grandmaster soke poky"... or, er.... Maybe just another fine example of American budo gone terribly astray.

Kevin Myers Guest

I don't know how creditable some of these Aiki gentlemen are. However, on the Hapkido side I do know that John Pellegrini is VERY creditable and is a legitimate 8th Dan through the Korea Kidohae/World Kido Federation and has the documentation to back it up.

Likes (received)

Question Hmm.....

Originally posted by Kevin Myers
    I don't know how creditable some of these Aiki gentlemen are. However, on the Hapkido side I do know that John Pellegrini is VERY creditable and is a legitimate 8th Dan through the Korea Kidohae/World Kido Federation and has the documentation to back it up.
    Mr. Myers,
    My understanding is that Mr. Pelligrini, his rank, and his Combat Hapkido organization is not without it's, shall we say, detractors within the Hapkido community. Some question his time studying in relation to his rank and the fact that his ranking comes from a KUK SOOL WON master. I guess it doesn't matter considering the sorry state of affairs of the Hapkido, and Korean martial arts, community. IMO, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised to find him a member of the aforementioned organization.

Just my opinion, of course, I could be wrong.

Robert Fittro

Likes (received)

Default Aikido Instructors

I recognized several of the names in the jujutsu and aikijutsu category as people who have good reputations as instructors (as distinct from ranks and titles that we could get into debate about). But I do not recognize the names of the illustrious Aikido practtitioners at all. Would like to know whereh they cam from. Noticed that several are associated with the AAA organization which does not make clearer where they originally got their training.
    George S. Ledyard
    Aikido Eastside
    Defensive Tactics Options
    Bellevue, WA

Richard A Tolson Guest

I think the last time I was "board certified" it happened in the woodshed over my father's knee.
    Richard

Likes (received)

"Maybe just another fine example of American budo gone terribly astray. "

Ian, take a look at the Aikido Journal boards and Stan Pranin's posts about Daito-ryu organizations. I think you will notice this sort of activity is not limited to America. People are people no matter where they live and budo is an ideal seldom attained, even by Japanese.

mark

Mokushin Guest

Talking

Mark,

<<<Ian, take a look at the Aikido Journal boards and Stan Pranin's posts about Daito-ryu organizations. I think you will notice this sort of activity is not limited to America. People are people no matter where they live and budo is an ideal seldom attained, even by Japanese.>>

Oh, you bet! Japanese martial arts is certainly filled with dubious characters. For that matter, so is the entire world (as you said). We have more than our share of it however. Where it really gets tricky is when a Japanese sensei comes over to the west, teaching something less than credible. People get really confused then!

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the IAACAB does. They claim to offer more than educational and seminar discounts. Then go on to list their benefits as "student referrals, a nationally published membership listing and an IMPRESSIVE 11x17 IAACAB certificate of accreditation." So what? It seems the only thing you're really paying for ('cause it ain't that bee-a-utiful certificate) are those little letters behind your name and/or that Tony Annesi, Joe Robaina, etc., think you're a swell guy. Oh well.

(BTW, Keith More is a godan in the AAA last I heard)

Justin Campbell Guest

I believe that the DePasquale family are known for their Hakko-Ryu system. I think this "board" plugs in names without telling the individuals, hoping to lend credibility to his "board."

Kit LeBlanc Guest

And don't the DePasquale's write their name with 'E' and not 'I'?

Kit LeBlanc

ericDZR Guest

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't atemi-ryu jujitsu the "style" that grandmaster dr soke 8x kumite cham-pion soto "created"? now called atemi cobra jujitsu te (hisssss)

-eric sterner

Kevin Myers Guest

Mr. Fittro,

If you have doubts as to Mr. Pellegrini's ability then I suggest you attend one of his seminars and judge for yourself. I have attended a couple of Combat Hapkido seminars and have been very impressed with his teaching ability and technical skill. My impression is that he is an excellant martial artist with some of the best skill I have ever seen. As far as being ranked by a Kuk Sool Won Master, Kuk Sool was derived from Hapkido and is often considered a style of Hapkido. Sun Seo In, who ranked Mr. Pellegrini, is an outstanding martial artist and as good or better than 99% of the legitimate Masters around today. Check them out for yourself.

Just my opinion, but opinions are like ***#@$@*, everybody has one!

Likes (received)

Cool

Originally posted by Kevin Myers
    Mr. Fittro,

If you have doubts as to Mr. Pellegrini's ability then I suggest you attend one of his seminars and judge for yourself. I have attended a couple of Combat Hapkido seminars and have been very impressed with his teaching ability and technical skill. My impression is that he is an excellant martial artist with some of the best skill I have ever seen. As far as being ranked by a Kuk Sool Won Master, Kuk Sool was derived from Hapkido and is often considered a style of Hapkido. Sun Seo In, who ranked Mr. Pellegrini, is an outstanding martial artist and as good or better than 99% of the legitimate Masters around today. Check them out for yourself.

Just my opinion, but opinions are like ***#@$@*, everybody has one!
    Mr. Myers,
    Yes, and some may smell better than others! But seriously, I'm glad you are impressed by Mr. Pellegrini. However, my post was specifically directed at YOUR OPINION that he is VERY creditable, especially in regards to his rank. If you are involved in the Hapkido community I find it hard to believe that you have not heard these concerns regarding Mr. Pelligrini. As for KUK SOOL WON being descended from Hapkido well.....you know it and I know it but that isn't the official party line of KUK SOOL WON. In any event, wouldn't that be like a Hakko ryu instructor giving an advanced ranking in Daito ryu to a student? After all, it should be alright since Hakko ryu is descended from Daito ryu right? BTW, I have been to Sun Seo In's dojang in Fremont, Ca....

But you are correct when you say everyone has one, including you and I.

[Edited by RDFittro on 06-30-2000 at 10:04 PM]
    Robert Fittro

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast