Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Welcome to the forum!

Likes (received)

Exclamation Welcome to the forum!

This forum is intended to be used for discussion, Q&A and commentary on the book "Shinkendo - Japanese Swordsmanship", by Toshishiro Obata (shinkendo founder).

Information about this comprehensive sword art can be found at the Shinkendo home page. Background on the author, Toshishiro Obata kaiso can be found on the shinkendo.com page under the Biography of Obata Toshishiro, Founder link.

Also, be sure to read through the online Q&A session with Obata sensei that occured in August of last year. There were some very interesting discussions that took place:

e-budo spotlight on budo - Obata Toshishiro (shinkendo)

PLEASE restrict questions and comments to subjects that are relate directly with the book!!

It is not our intention to conduct this forum as an indefinite general Q&A session!

Via my position as a senior instructor at our honbu dojo, I will attempt to convey questions directed to Obata sensei to him as often as possible, and offer a reply on his behalf.

However, this may not always be possible, and having been significantly involved in the production of this book there may be quite a few questions or issues that I can offer adequate replies too. I'm afraid Obata sensei keeps a busy schedule, and is not going to be available to answer all questions all the time. Your understanding in this regard is appreciated.

Those who have read the "Shinkendo - Japanese Swordsmanship" book are invited to start a new thread on the subject, or to contribute to any existing threads. Please consider your thoughts and wording carefully!

Those who have not read the book but are interested in purchasing it can do so at the following two locations:

1) INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS & OTHER PRODUCTS (From our home page)

2) AMAZON.COM

Be advised that threads may be occaisonally consolidated and/or renamed at some point in the interest of facilatating search results and forum navigation.

I hope this forum will prove useful to all!

Regards,
    Last edited by Nathan Scott; 15th June 2001 at 01:22.
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)