Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Food and health

tombslasher Guest

Smile Food and health

Isn't good food like a light roast or things like asian in japanese foods like rice with vegies and fish. I notice where i live in australia we have some good roasts foods my mum coooks like light roasts and rice with veggies are good and yeah. The maccas, pizzas and crap made from north america makes people unhealthy with the oil and the amount of fat in the food source and i guess exercise might help in the diet right. I was wondering how does raw fish the Japanese way help and thanks.

Cheers a non ninja martial artists but has an interest in ninjutsu and japanese arts.

Ben. From the chinese side of martail arts. Kung fu wing chung.

MarkF Guest

Not TOO long ago, the Japanese had one of the highest rates of stomach cancers in the world. Main culprit was the mercury (and other things) found in the fish, squid, eel blood, and all sorts of other seafood, while they had one of the lowest colon cancer rates in the world.

Things change over time. Amounst the upper classes in Japan, colon cancer has reacher new heights, and stomach cancer has gone down some, but is still a problem. The reason: More are eating red meat and dairy products and less mercury in the fish, combined with eating less fish.

Healthy eating is easy, but it costs too much, thus supplements are a good idea. If you fit into the upper-middle classes, the price of fruit and veggies shouldn't be too hard to swallow. Most folks can't afford what is necessary and it seems in studies done mainly by the agriculture business that people would rather have good-looking food that tastes like crap instead of ugly food which tastes great. The leader in this are the apple growers. Orchards are treated, for example, to have the reddest apples possible while they still won't let it ripen on the vine. Or, picking up the fruit from the ground too heavy to let ripen naturally and are ripened by the sun. Either way, they are less than sweet, more than soft, the skin is too hard, and the price is staggaring.

If you want great fruit and veggies, you have to go South of the border of the US. Ugly food, great taste. Just make sure it can be peeled, or scrubbed well with a mild soap and water solution. Don't eat fruit or vegetables in Mexico or any other country south which are served in resaurants unless you can peel them. However, fruit, etc., bought by the sidewald vendor is almost always free of the microbes in the industry foods.

Did you know that those who come here from there have the same problems with out foods? Different microbes, and not immune yet.

Mark

tombslasher Guest

Default Mexico huh to far.

hey,
    But mexico is even too far to go i live in Australia. Which is like 30 plane trip to mexico. Maybe if i ever get to usa one day huh.

Thanks Ben.