Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is this art??

Sgathak Guest

Default This just in

Scott Sonnon, the person who brought ROSS to the United States has personally emailed me explining the over exuberance of the reaction from "amerROSS"

While I think "amerROSS" is a prick (sorry for the language, it is the only thing which comes to mind to adequatly describe my feelings for this person) I have absolutly NO ill will with AARMACS or Mr Sonnon in anyway. I still think ROSS is a phenominal system. I want to make this clear.

Mr Sonnon has made it clear that HE holds no ill will with me and has even invited me to join him on his msg forum and to attend his camps and seminars. I will even take this time to assume that Mr Sonnon has no intention of pressing any charges.

I will follow up on this with Mr Sonnon after I catch a few ZZZZzzzzz's and depending on how things go will reconsider my stance on some issues pertaining to this thread.

I wish to thank Mr Sonnon for his email and Now... Its bed time...

J Robbins

Likes (received)

Originally posted by John Lindsey
    Not sure why this thread was in BB, but I moved it here for now.

While I could not find anything "BAD" per se, I do have a personal problem with Glenn Morris and some of his comments he made in his books about my teacher. But, even that is not enough to leave this in the the Bad Budo forum.
    FWIW, I thought the original topic (prior to the legal action) did belong in Bad Budo.

We've had several debates on what is or isn't bad budo. This thread sets an example of what may appear to be bad budo on the surface but is not, by the consensus of the group, bad budo.

Leaving the thread in Bad may help newcomers determine what is or is not an appropriate topic for this forum.
    Peter Claussen

MarkF Guest

Gendai Budo

General discussion area for the modern martial art traditions of Japan
    The web site is well written with good content, and is my own personal description of a web site I would return to, or book mark. So many have inapropriate music, 26 year old supreme grand masters, etc., that this site is refreshing with the upfront admission that it isn't a working MA as of yet, not by itself, anyway.

But, according to the definition of Gendai Budo, this thread also does not belong here. I don't know whether bad budo is the place for it or not (I don't think it is (bad budo) simply because of the honesty of the person who wrote the web site/owns it, and the fact it is almost certainly not Japanese, nor traditional.

I don't have a beef or a "steak" in it, I'm simply weighing in on where the thread belongs.

But since most agree it isn't bad budo, and that there is disagreement over where it belongs, I would say it would most certainly be of interest to all members, thus the Member's Lounge is the better alternative, especially with the threats of legal action over intellecual property. It even may help those who have or will have websites with a new martial art, do so in a constructive environment.

The other way to go would possibly a sub-forum for web sites as such, with no particular place as of yet, a kind of "Post-modern Martial art forum," particularly those which are not of Japanese origin, in keeping with the E-budo.com-imposed limits of discussion.

There is nothing wrong with a new art based in, say, jujutsu, but new just the same, but just as there is a Neo-Ninja forum for modern forms of ninjutsu, I see a growing need for such. The term gendai has come to mean MA influenced or begun around the 1870s, with a good number of traditional martial arts begun not too long after with all begun in Japan.

Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Mark

PS: Actually, I don't have a problem at all with it here, I just was making a point due to the description of "Gendai Budo."

Sgathak Guest

I dont care if the thread get removed, put in bad budo, left where it is, or otherwise....

Ive decided to take a hyatus from it all for a while, while I work on getting set up for college (Ive been out of school long enough... time to act like an adult), work on getting my P.O.S.T. cert., up my PT time, and spend more time at a new MA school I found.

The website was never supposed to be public, it was just a diversion for on *my* free time... A training aid for when *Im* working out. Thats all...

Now there are FAR too many people taking things FAR to serious... I dont mind being serious, but it has its place and time. Just like being laid back and relaxed has its place and time.

This website and the crap it has generated has run its course (wether that means it has stopped I dont know, it means I no longer care though), and now Im off to more exciting things for a while.

J Robbins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3