Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Be Careful who you teach

Likes (received)

Thank you, Blackwood, for stating the essence of it all. And for all of the powerful, great, mediocre and awful students we train, we each also have the potential to provide knowledge to some being bent on fulfilling his Jihad, to provide a knife to a man who would use it to kill, to teach form to another who would use it against us. If we read the language of their souls through form, we might be able to avoid this . . . but then again, it may be our role to fulfill.

I am sad for your knife-making friend who abandoned his art because someone chose to use his creation to take a life. How many used his creations in other, peaceful ways? Perhaps if he saw the yin and yang of it all, he would have accepted that if that man had not used one of his knives, he would have found another's creation to fulfill what he believed his destiny to be. Creating the knives did not cause a man to die. Someone else chose to make that happen.

The same can be said for Master Rodriguez. While he did his best to evaluate the energy of all of his students, both at and beyond the physical, his teachings did not cause that man to hijack an airplane and to be able to defend himself. It was the man's choice to take what he learned to cause harm to others. I know Master Rodriguez did not teach him to do that.

And remember, in the end it was Darth Vader who helped to secure freedom for the people of the Universe, so he, too, had a role to play, so full of yin and yang.

Thank you so much for responding.
    NLMontana Freemăn

Likes (received)

Suppose you have a guy who wanna train at your dojo, and you see him as a psycho-to-be. How do you reject him?

Straight in the face with a "Sorry I won't teach you a single thing." ?

Likes (received)

Two choices as I see it:

1) you talk it through and try to understand is situation.
    2) you say 'no'.
    Osu
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert
    ("If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying "Here goes number seventy-one" - Richard M. DeVos)

Likes (received)

Default Be careful

That is the main reason y I don't teach. Unless I have know the people for a few years. But right now I am training my girls. I want 2 feel safe know that they will be able to defend them selves.
    Train hard and you shall get what you trained for...

Aaron Young
    Shotokan

Likes (received)

Default Idea

You have many resources available. One is your state(s) Criminal Justice websites. Here, you can access corrections websites, which provides a lot of information on sex offender living in your area, escapee information, citizen's organizations and so much more. Another resource is reporter, television, newspaper and radio. They may have contacts with police, prosecutors, defense lawyers and so forth. If they know anything, they will inform you and educate you too. I hope this will help.
    Byron Thomas

The Pagan Barbarian Kingdom of the Netherlands
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Chen
    Suppose you have a guy who wanna train at your dojo, and you see him as a psycho-to-be. How do you reject him?

Straight in the face with a "Sorry I won't teach you a single thing." ?
    Or you pin him down on the ground, have the police come, and get a restraining order. Which happened in our dojo.
    Remi Vredeveldt

"Hysterical knowledge is often mistaken for historical knowledge"

Boni enim duces non aperto proelio, in quo est commune periculum, sed ex occulto semper adtemptant Vegetius Liber III, 9:5

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Malanosk View Post
    When I was going to Parris Island USMC Bootcamp in 79. we had a guy from Nicaragua with us. He told me, that he was there to learn, and take what he learned home.
    My old man was a drill instructor at Parris Island in '79. I hope you didn't have to deal with Staff Sgt. Stevens!

Likes (received)

I am Totally agree with shinbushi post. Being a teacher i had many experiences of different kind of students. It is very necessary to be careful who you teach.

Likes (received)

Being a teacher, an instructor, is as hard as being a parent... so, we get use to the students and it is very hard to overcome when they turn from us, when they disappoint us (the teachers).
    That’s why here the strategy should be as care full as possible… like in parenting…

10. Likes cxt liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3