Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Florida?

Likes (received)

Thank you, Sensei Abrams for your reply. I will contact Sensei Popkin and see what I can do regarding Daito-ryu classes. Hopefully, I will be able get involved in Daito-ryu. Thank you once again for the information.
    Best regards,

Gerardo Gonzalez

Likes (received)

Mr. Gonzalez,

I am glad to see that this forum was able to help you. I know Mr. Popkin and I was unaware that he had a group down there. Please enjoy your training.

Jose Garrido
    Jose' delCristo Garrido
    Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Mainline Tradition
    NYC Metro Area Branch Dojo
    facebook.com/daitoryudojonj

Likes (received)

Thank you, Sensei Garrido. I will contact Sensei Popkin and see if I can work something out. I live in Miami and Sensei Popkin is in West Palm Beach (around 1h30min from where I live). I appreciate the support and help. I am hopeful I can make some kind of arrangement to be able to attend classes.
    Best regards,

Gerardo Gonzalez

Likes (received)

Sensei Popkin lives and teaches in Long Island, New York. One of his students has a QUIET study group going on. His name is Josh Drachman. Josh is a top-rate martial artist and a good friend. You cannot go wrong training under him.

Marc Abrams
    Dr. Marc Abrams
    www.aasbk.com

Likes (received)

Thank you, Sensei Abrams. I will contact Sensei Drachman to see what I can do to get involved with Daito-ryu. I thank you for your support and help.
    Best regards,

Gerardo Gonzalez

Likes (received)

Default Aikijujutsu in Tampa Bay area?

Hello everyone,

I will be a freshman at the University of South Florida this fall and would like to continue my martial arts training. My background is in "Dai Yoshin ryu Aikijujutsu" which we all know is a made up style by Juko kai. However, I've done considerable research and would love to take up Daito ryu. I have looked on the dojo finder and old forums and found only one person to teach Daito ryu in the Tampa bay area, but I cannot get in contact with him. His name is David Walker, and if anyone knows how to get in contact with him, I would really appreciate it. If there is any other study groups or people with prior experience in Daito ryu, please let me know. Also, I understand taking up Daito ryu or any other Koryu/Semi-Koryu art is a big commitment and I'm ready for the task.

Thank you for your time,
    Michael Zeiters

Likes (received)

Default Hakkoryu Jujutsu in Sarasota

Michael,

If you're unable to find Daito-ryu instruction in that area, I can recommend a mainline Hakkoryu dojo in nearby Sarasota: http://kazoku-dojo.com/

Devon

Likes (received)

Thank you Devon, I'll look into it.

Also I found a dojo near by which claims to teach a Gendai Aikijujutsu system. The head Sensei says on his bio that he had Kodokai training under Goldberg Sensei. Can anyone verify this?

Likes (received)

Hello,

Well, we'd need to know who the instructor is, and what the name of his art is.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

The instructor's name is James R. Jones. He claims to be the Kancho of "Mushin No Shin Aikijujutsu Do" The website is http://www.fhmaa.com/Home_Page.php

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2