PDA

View Full Version : Swordstore is great

Ren Blade
19th August 2004, 15:46
I just recieved my Iaito from swordstore.com after almost 6 months of waiting. And it was so worth the wait. I've been using a friend's Iaito for class for the meantime til I got mine in the mail. Now I can give his Iaito back. I'm so pleased with my new swordstore Iaito. It was worth the wait.

I read a thread started by someone who wasn't pleased with swordstore cause he was waiting 2 months and wasn't happy that he wasn't getting updated with what was going on and that he publicly said swordstore isn't good or something like that here. And that it got to the point that Rick just refunded his money and canceled the order. That was a mistake. 2 months is nothing. I waited 6 months and been patient. Patience pays off. But I think on the normal they take about 4 to 6 weeks. I just happened to ordered during the busy season I guess. Swordstore has never let anyone down with their products. I can see why now. I say if you cancel your order with them, it seriously is your lost. Swordstore will definitely see business with me again.

chrismoses
19th August 2004, 17:01
Welcome to the fold, I've been thrilled with my 2002 ever since I got it (6-7 years ago?). Most of the people in my dojo use Tozando blades, which I have nothing bad to say about. A dojo-mate of mine was without iaito for a while due to a saya snafu, so I leant him mine for a few weeks. He drew it once and his eyes widened, "Wow. Where did you get this?"

-> nosyu/swordstore... :)

I'm kind of sad it gets such little use these days, I've mostly moved on to a Joe Walters shobu (but with mainly swordstore fittings!).

Ren Blade
19th August 2004, 17:09
Thanks. You don't use your swordstore 2002 anymore?

chrismoses
19th August 2004, 17:57
No, I pretty much only use a shinken now. I still have the 2002, but it's been nearly six months since I even took it to class. I found that I was still making distinctions between training with shinken and iaito, performing kata and doing tameshigiri. I decided that only training with my shinken would help the process of bringing things together, and it has. I still think an iaito is a neccessary tool to begin learning with, but I think most people reach a point where it's time to train with a real sword.

Ren Blade
20th August 2004, 13:59
I see. Have you thought of selling your 2002? Or just keep it around for one of those "just in case" times? Or have it be a loaner for a dojomate?

Charles Mahan
20th August 2004, 14:29
I suspect he's like me and keeps the iaito around in case he is having a really off day and just doesn't feel safe training with a shinken, or is keeping it around in case a particularly bad technique damages the saya badly enough to need repair. Then there's the possibility of wanting to travel without needing to lug around a rather expensive live blade, and lets not forget the near impossibility of getting foriegn smithed blades into Japan.

chrismoses
20th August 2004, 16:12
Yeah, what Charles said. Plus... it's... my... PRECIOUS...

Ren Blade
20th August 2004, 17:56
I see. Can't let it go. Your 2002 must have dark magic powers made in The Mountain Of Fire. :p ;)

Brian Owens
21st August 2004, 05:22
Originally posted by chrismoses
Yeah, what Charles said. Plus... it's... my... PRECIOUS...

Hmmm. "...Slimy, Moronic, Deranged and Demented Soul..."

It's Golum! ;)

X-san
21st August 2004, 22:18
I've got a 2002 currently on-order. I'm very much looking forward to its arrival. :D

Ren Blade
23rd August 2004, 14:20
Originally posted by X-san
I've got a 2002 currently on-order. I'm very much looking forward to its arrival. :D
Excellent. You are in for a treat. Let us know when you get it.

Zuba
23rd August 2004, 18:32
I ordered a 2002 and a 4004 in mid Feb. The 2002 arrived several weeks ago. It was superb so I'm expecting a lot from the 4004.

Ren Blade
23rd August 2004, 18:59
Very nice. Can't wait til you get your 4004. :cool:

SKalogre
23rd August 2004, 21:27
I just recently ordered a 2002 also. To say that I am anxious to get it is probably the greatest understatement since Hitler's uncle told his mother that her 5-year old will grow up to be a troublemaker :D

Ren Blade
23rd August 2004, 22:10
You have a very good reason to be excited. But try to be patient for the meantime. :)

SKalogre
23rd August 2004, 22:20
Originally posted by Ren Blade
You have a very good reason to be excited. But try to be patient for the meantime. :)

I am trying :D . I am hoping to embed as deeply in to my mind as possible that patience is a virtue. I waited 5 months for my kendo bogu to arrive, I think I should be able to handle waiting for my iaito. From what I can tell it should be well worth it.

kinopah
31st August 2004, 16:12
i remember making my order 3 years ago. he listened to my specifications and was like "yeah, we've got exact model that in stock". i got it in 4 days. happy joy.

Kriss
2nd September 2004, 05:53
Hi,

I ordered a 3003 iaito one month ago. It should be delivered by november or december. I Guess mid december. Waiting, waiting... ;)

Cheers.

Ren Blade
2nd September 2004, 15:44
It's so worth the wait. You're gonna be happy. :cool:

Mushin Ronin
3rd September 2004, 03:41
Will they let you substitute a tsuba from someplace else? I am not fond of most of the one's they offer. Though the rest of their stuff is pretty cool. One day when I am ready to get a sword.

SKalogre
3rd September 2004, 05:48
Originally posted by Mushin Ronin
Will they let you substitute a tsuba from someplace else? I am not fond of most of the one's they offer. Though the rest of their stuff is pretty cool. One day when I am ready to get a sword.

Yes they will. I am sending them menuki from Fred Lohman and an antique sakura sukashi katchushi (sp?) tsuba.