PDA

View Full Version : I need translate from spanish

Buddha
19th October 2001, 17:21
Hi Alls:

I'm sensei Rogelio Ortega, from Panama city, and I'm feeling so good reading all the post from, e-budo, because we can using a real budo page foe kelping, when I close mi class, I say "NO SE CIERRA SIN RAZON, NI SE ABRE SIN HONOR" maybe in english is dont close without reazon, and dont open without honor" excuse mi english but I try......

a lot of thanks, from Panama city,

sensei Rogelio Ortega,
senseibuda@latinol.com

Yamantaka
20th October 2001, 00:31
Originally posted by Buddha
Hi Alls:

I'm sensei Rogelio Ortega, from Panama city, and I'm feeling so good reading all the post from, e-budo, because we can using a real budo page foe kelping, when I close mi class, I say "NO SE CIERRA SIN RAZON, NI SE ABRE SIN HONOR" maybe in english is dont close without reazon, and dont open without honor" excuse mi english but I try......

YAMANTAKA : Perhaps a better translation would be :
"YOU DO NOT FINISH WITHOUT A REASON,
YOU DO NOT BEGIN WITHOUT HONOR".
But I may be wrong...
Best

Buddha
21st October 2001, 09:30
Thankyou YAMANTAKA:

I really forget in my post , I need translate from spanish to japanese this phrase, I say dont close without reazon (about mi fist) and dont open without honor (the same) make reference if you going to fight....

a lot of thanks YAMANTAKA,

ssensei Rogelio Ortega
Panama, city, senseibuda@latinol.com

Yamantaka
21st October 2001, 14:55
Originally posted by Buddha
Thankyou YAMANTAKA:

ssensei Rogelio Ortega

YAMANTAKA : You're welcome, Rogélio! Pay me a visit :

www.yahoogroups.com/group/aikido-lingua_portuguesa

and if you wish, join us! In spite of our name (AIKIDO in Portuguese Language) , we're involved in Budo, Bujutsu, Japanese Culture, Religion, Arts and philosophy. Your participation will be welcome.
Best :wave:

Wind Warrior
23rd October 2001, 03:21
Sensei Ortega just called me regarding the translation he needs on his latest post. He feels maybe people did not fully understand exactly what he meant.

We have a tradition in our Dojo. At the end of every class, after reciting the Dojo Kun and bowing, Sensei Ortega has a small ceremony where students hold up their right fist closed and chant

"It will not be closed without a reason,
It will not be opened without honor..."

This is a symbol of our commitement to abstain from violence unless there is a good reason to react with force. If such reason should exist, we will fight valiantly and with honour. To those who assist to our Sensei's class, it is a especial moment.

Of course, being the traditionalist group we are, we would like to know the translation into Japanese. We make a strong emphasis on Japanese languaje, as we recite the Dojo Kun in Japanese form.

Could anyone give us the correct translation to the phrase? Both Sensei Ortega and me would appreciate any help.

As always, thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Wind Warrior aka Ariel Meilij
Panama Republic / fmeilij@psi.net.pa

:karatekid