Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Love Japanese Style?

Likes (received)

Default Love Japanese Style?

An interesting Newsweek Article about current promiscuity amongst young Japanese adults and teenagers.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/805100.asp?cp1=1

With friends like these, you have friends...

Who needs dating!
    Last edited by Senjojutsu; 20th September 2002 at 20:56.
    John McPartland
    Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!  I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

I think many foreigners get anesthetized to this aspect of Japanese "culture" real quick.

Kimpatsu Guest

Sounds good to me. More promiscuity NOW! (I need more sekkusutomo.)

Likes (received)

Sounds wonderful.

Summing up, the article makes a reference that would fit in with an interesting book I have at work. It has some hard facts and figures on waterbabies (mizuko) referring to aborted children. And the role that both men and women have raising a family.

Safe sex is more or less the responsibility of the male here. Considering that most young Japanese males have great difficulty wiping their own backsides Contraception is hardly a responsibity I would care to designate to them.

I will outline some of the books findings later on this week.

Hyakutake Colin

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by hyaku
    Considering that most young Japanese males have great difficulty wiping their own backsides Contraception is hardly a responsibity I would care to designate to them.
    Hear, hear. Abortion is considered a form of post-coital contraception, which accounts for the hgh abortion rate in this country.

Likes (received)

Found the info:

Officially there are 500,000 abortions a year

Fujita Shin-ichi San states in O-San Kakumei (Revolution in childbirth)

It is surprising that only The Ministry of Health appears to believe the statistics it conscientiously publishes each year at taxpayers expense, when Doctors themselves have calculated the actual numbers of abortions carried out to be double, if not triple this figure. In the course of research it has been ascertained that some private clinics carry out five to twenty abortions per day.

Tokyo, onna o tasuke hon is an information book for women living in Tokyo.
    In the section on “Safe sex” it deals with contraception and how much an abortion will be depending on how many months.

They are carried out up until week twenty two. Prices are from 70,000 to 100,000 yen excluding the price of hospitalization. Over three months
    prices rise to 200,000

This calculates at a profit of 75 million yen a year. Worst still it explains why Doctors are opposed to the contraceptive pill being made freely available in Japan.

Ref: Japan: The childless society? - Muriel Jolivet

Hyakutake Colin