Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are all the Japanese shihan 14th dan?

Likes (received)

Beer

Then I just won't take the test! As for me Mr. Mueller I'm not worried about it, in a street fight it does'nt matter what rank you are or who gave you the test...it's who walks away. I was just expressing myself in the forum....No hard feelings I hope.
    Henry Infante
    Budo Tenchi Dojo
    World Institute for Security Enhancement

Likes (received)

Originally posted by yama-nagare
    I was just expressing myself in the forum....
    LOL, bad move dude.

Likes (received)

I guess it was a bad move to express myself in a forum. 1 less shidoshi, there should be 1000 less shidoshi Mr. Mueller...considering that just about anybody can take the test.I know there is supposedly rules, but how many people have lied and passed the test?.. I am a member of the Bujinkan and I'm sorry I don't believe half of the Bullsh_t that people say in these forums. I am very aware that the Bujinkan is not a street fighting art...but I believe it can save me in a street fight if need be...what do you think? It sure as hell is'nt a tournament art. it's an art where 90% of the practitioners think that they know the answers to everything. I train because I respect Sensei and his art...not neccessarily the people within the art! There are to many phonies in this art, These forums are a great place to find them...
    Henry Infante
    Budo Tenchi Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Re: Re: Are all the Japanese shihan 14th dan?

Originally posted by bencole
    So does that mean that the 14th dan Foreigners shouldn't train with a Japanese 12th dan?

-ben
    Totally. 14th is WAY better than 12th (by at least 2).

Always go with the highest number.

I am just disappointed there is only 15. It would be way cooler if we had like 200.

Yeah - like totally...

-Daniel Weidman
    San Diego Bujinkan TenChiJin Dojo

Likes (received)

Yeah, like this:

Nigel: This is a top to ayou know, what we use on stage, but it's very, very special because if you can see...
    Marty: Yeah...
    Nigel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board.
    Marty: Ahh...oh, I see....
    Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....
    Marty: ..and most of these amps go up to ten....
    Nigel: Exactly.
    Marty: Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?
    Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here...all the way up...all the way up....
    Marty: Yeah....
    Nigel: ...all the way up. You're on ten on your guitar.. where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty: I don't know....
    Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    [pause]
    Nigel: These go to eleven.

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

Likes (received)

Exclamation

Young people today seem to have very little manners.

kimq Guest

...how many people have lied and passed the test...

(snip)

...I train because I respect Sensei and his art...
    Um, how come the first statement doesn't seem to jive with the second?

Likes (received)

Do you think that everybody that takes the test is honest?....
    Henry Infante
    Budo Tenchi Dojo

Ichigeki Boy Guest

Whats the test? you mention people lying in it..that must mean its either a written or a verbal test am i right? can someone explain to me how this test works? and is it only performed in front of Hatsumi Sensei? Thank you.

Bu Nasser

kimq Guest

Do you think that everybody that takes the test is honest?....
    From my limited knowledge of the Godan test it is my understanding that it is mainly Soke, rather than the student, that is the root of the exam. It would seem to me that Soke has more control over who passes and who does not than the actual students.

The Godan test has a prospective Shidoshi sit in seiza facing away from Soke with his eyes closed. Soke is armed with a shinai. The student is supposed to feel Soke's killer intent before the moment that he is struck from behind and escape unharmed.

Likes (received)

There has been several people take the test and pass who have lied about their training and experience...I know of 8 shidoshi who lied and passed!! How do I know they lied? In my work I have access to tons of info both military and government. So before you tell me your ex this or that you better be it!! I think that they should put stricter rules on who takes. At one point they use to require a letter from your shidoshi to take the test...Is that still in effect or not really?...I think its a shame when people lie to Sensei just to get rank!! That is the point I was trying to make before.
    Henry Infante
    Budo Tenchi Dojo

Likes (received)

There has been several people take the test and pass who have lied about their training and experience...I know of 8 shidoshi who lied and passed!! How do I know they lied? In my work I have access to tons of info both military and government. So before you tell me your ex this or that you better be it!! I think that they should put stricter rules on who takes. At one point they use to require a letter from your shidoshi to take the test...Is that still in effect or not really?...I think its a shame when people lie to Sensei just to get rank!! That is the point I was trying to make before.
    So what I'm reading is that, through your access to vast amounts of military and government information, you can determine if an individual has the knowledge and skills necessary to receive a letter of recommendation from their teacher to take the Bujinkan godan test. Is that what you're saying?

kimq Guest

There has been several people take the test and pass who have lied about their training and experience...I know of 8 shidoshi who lied and passed!!
    Um, did these guys lie about their training in the Bujinkan or in other pursuits? If it is in other pursuits, I question the validity of this line of attack on them regarding their Bujinkan training.

Another aspect to this that should be addressed are these people's names. Things don't fly very well without names, though it may not be proper to mention them, but without them it all seems to be rather weak form of attack.

Finally, sometimes things slip through the cracks - epecially when dealing with organizations as large as the global Bujinkan body.

Likes (received)

It would seem that you're more concerned about who takes and passes the godan test than Hatsumi is. What place is it of yours? Hatsumi has a wonderful way of letting people dig their own graves, so to speak. He often speaks about having the right heart, knowing those that don't have that 'right heart' will disappear over time. If he's not concerned, why should you be?

Syd Sked

Likes (received)

Here we go,

1. When I mention past experience...does'nt the bujinkan promote people on life experience as well as training? The several shidoshi I speak of LIED about both life experience and There BBT training. They took the test without letters from there shidoshi. I apologize for not mentioning names but I don't think that names are important.

2. Why is it important to me who takes the test? When I started training in the Bujinkan the Godan was the ultimate test of your training. To reach it meant you had achieved a level where you are ready to really begin your training. Now there are Shodans that are more skillful than some judans!! Achieving your Godan has become more status than skill.... what happened to training because you cared and not because of what patch you wear on your gi?....

3. I want everybody to UNDERSTAND ( big word ), that I am not attacking Hatsumi-Sensei or the Bujinkan...I am attacking the Phonies and liars in the organization that give Bujinkan a bad name...

Let the war continue
    Henry Infante
    Budo Tenchi Dojo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast