Likes Likes:  0

Thread: the purpose of pressure points

fOOZ Guest

just wondering... what did everyone else think was meant by the whole pressure point thing?

it's not like you'll just stand there front on while they throw a punch, not moving, not blocking or anything and just go straight in for a presure point.. it just sounds like that's what some people think..

But maybe I just naturally assumed that it would go togther with moving out of the way and putting yourself into a good position and all that. sorry.

Grant.

Likes (received)

when my teacher hits me on a correct point it feels like i have been hit by concrete and i cannot move where he punched, so imagine that in a fight!

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Greg Chapman
    when my teacher hits me on a correct point it feels like i have been hit by concrete and i cannot move where he punched, so imagine that in a fight!
    imagine finding that exact point in a real fight

it was mentioned by someone in this area before, some points are useful and easily accesible while others aren't
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

Likes (received)

i agree, but when your the uke and in a training environment hitting the same point over and over for demo purposes is really crippling!