Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Bad shorinji kempo rep, bad rap

  1. #1
    Cinnabar Guest

    Default Bad shorinji kempo rep, bad rap

    People are going to think all you guys are like him?
    This is taken from the "Looking for new gi" thread in the karate forum.

    ------------------------------

    Tony (Kehoe), take it to the member lounge. You can debate there all you want. In the karate forum you will be courteous and respectful or you can leave. Last warning.

    Chui, Tony

    __________________
    Steve Beale

  2. #2
    Cinnabar Guest

    Default

    Another person writes your rep.



    Tony,

    I think you spend way too much time trying to correct others in their Proper Japanese and should direct some of that time to actually training. I have also read many of your previous posts and know that you are the Shorinji Crusader here to let everyone know that your art is not a Cult like Jim Jones and David Koresh, but I don't see the difference.

    In any event I believe you either tied your Sausages or your Shorinji no Obi to tight or you should sit on one end and put the other in your mouth because you are a Kuchi Bushi. Please Please continue to make Shorinji Kempo look bad with your bantering. I'm certain Doshin So has come back in this life and is laughing at what an idiot you are making of yourself.

    Sorry for the harshness but I couldn't see it going to a better person. Gday mate!

    Milt Colon


    __________________
    Milton Colon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    504
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Well, I certainly hope people won't start stereotyping karateka and think we are all too stuck up to accept correction, that we "all" use fallacy like guilt-by-association, that all we can do to solve conflict is to throw empty threats like "last warning," and then go get people who aren't even involved and try to get them to solve our problems.

    Sorry, SK people, not all karateka are like that, I promise.

    -C
    -C. Chu
    ============================
    h?A?AE

  4. #4
    Cinnabar Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Cody
    Well, I certainly hope people won't start stereotyping karateka and think we are all too stuck up to accept correction, that we "all" use fallacy like guilt-by-association, that all we can do to solve conflict is to throw empty threats like "last warning," and then go get people who aren't even involved and try to get them to solve our problems.

    Sorry, SK people, not all karateka are like that, I promise.

    -C
    You missed the meaning. It was not an attack on shorinji kempo or to single your art out. It was just that a member of your group happened to provide a perfect example of when venturing outside of our domain, be it school, tournament and so on how important it is for all of us to be aware of how we come across as representatives of our art.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    504
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Hello Cinnabar,

    I have never trained SK in my life, though I have a humble 4 years of karate under my belt. I apologize for the sarcasm, but my post is meant to reflect my personal opinion on your action: I certainly don't think Tony's action has anything to do with SK, and I find it absurd and embarrassing that individuals begin to politicize the conflict by injecting style reputation into a linguistic debate. I find it even more embarrassing when, after the conflict is politicized, someone on "my side" (karate) is trying to use guilt by association, throw empty threat, realize it has no effect, and then try to get forum members in another art to get involved.

    Since you seem to be taking yourself as a representation for the karate forum to communicate with the SK forum, the least I can do as a karateka is to express that I disagree with your choice of action.

    regards,
    -C
    -C. Chu
    ============================
    h?A?AE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,473
    Likes (received)
    0

    Thumbs down Personal attack troll alarm

    Moderator.

    Please close this thread as it constitutes a personal attack by a troll on a member of our community.
    It would not be allowed on other forums and should not be allowed here.
    This is designed to portray Shorinji Kempo in a bad light.

    Ade

    PS Cinabar, if you are genuine, go away and learn the rules, if, as I suspect, you're not, just..........go away.
    A man with small testes should never get involved in a fight requiring cojones

  7. #7
    Cinnabar Guest

    Default

    Cody,


    I repeat, it was just that the person in question provided the example of someone embarrasing themselves and their art by going outside their domain to try and correct others. In some ways it is another example of the same type of people who'd walk into someone eslse's school and act the same way.

    Ade,

    No problem and I'll sign out but you should give your Tony kehoe the same advice.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 29th March 2004 at 13:07.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    504
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Cinnabar
    Cody,


    I repeat, it was just that the person in question provided the example of someone embarrasing themselves and their art by going outside their domain to try and correct others. In some ways it is another example of the same type of people who'd walk into someone eslse's school and act the same way.
    And I repeat that, by your "logic," it is your action that is providing "example of someone embarrassing himself and his art," by starting a thread in another domain with the purpose of injecting responsibility to members not involved in the conflict.
    -C. Chu
    ============================
    h?A?AE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Yiewsley, U.K.
    Posts
    2,449
    Likes (received)
    5

    Default Re: Bad shorinji kempo rep, bad rap

    Originally posted by Cinnabar
    People are going to think all you guys are like him?
    Sorry mate, but if that is what "people" are going to think, then "people" are really stupid........
    Steve Williams

    Harrow Branch.
    Shorinji Kempo UK.
    www.ukskf.org




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Yiewsley, U.K.
    Posts
    2,449
    Likes (received)
    5

    Default Re: Personal attack troll alarm

    Originally posted by Ade
    Moderator.

    Please close this thread as it constitutes a personal attack by a troll on a member of our community.
    It would not be allowed on other forums and should not be allowed here.
    This is designed to portray Shorinji Kempo in a bad light.
    We are not so clesed-minded to close all threads that are a "personal affront" to a member of "our community"..........

    Tony Kehoe (and others who post here, but Tony is often the most "loud")often has his own agenda, as we all know......

    Please read This thread

    To be honest Ade, often some responses to the posts here represent us in a far worse light than the original "other forum post" did.
    Steve Williams

    Harrow Branch.
    Shorinji Kempo UK.
    www.ukskf.org




  11. #11
    Milton Colon Guest

    Default

    So Ade you want to delete my post because a member of your secret society aka community was personally attacked on a forum? LOL I knew you guys were a cult!

    Did Doshin So ever have you drink kool aid with Armed Guards watching over you? Even David Koresh of the Branch Davidian Sect had his people training in firearms and Martial Arts, this of course while he fornicated with everyones wives. Way to go David! Did Doshin ever do that?

    Tony had the umph to go into a place and start barking his corrections at people, ah the wanna be japanese but cant mentality. Try being an Englishman Tony instead of a Star Trek charecter.


    You guys have a wonderful time and Love those Laura Ashley dresses you all wear!

    Ta Ta

    Milton Colon

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,232
    Likes (received)
    97

    Default

    Just 2 posts so far from Mr Colon, anyone want to bet that his IP address matches someone else whose name is more familiar...
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

    For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

  13. #13
    Cinnabar Guest

    Default bad rep

    Originally posted by Steve Williams
    Sorry mate, but if that is what "people" are going to think, then "people" are really stupid........
    Steve Williams
    You know, you have a point there and you are right.

    Cody,
    You'd hang the messenger while completely ignoring the retardation of the main culprit. Kehoe must be a shorinji kempos untouchable or something.

  14. #14
    Kimpatsu Guest

    Default

    May I remind everybody that I was invited into the Karate forum to explain the Japanese to the assembled Karateka? And now that some of them don't like the truth, they've resorted to vitriolic ad hominem. Note that as they are unable to defend their position rationally, they come to the Shorinji Kempo forum to troll. If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question. The truth doesn't change because you don't like what you're hearing; there is a difference between what you would like to be true, and what is true.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    968
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    May I remind everybody that I was invited into the Karate forum to explain the Japanese to the assembled Karateka? And now that some of them don't like the truth, they've resorted to vitriolic ad hominem. Note that as they are unable to defend their position rationally, they come to the Shorinji Kempo forum to troll. If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question. The truth doesn't change because you don't like what you're hearing; there is a difference between what you would like to be true, and what is true.
    It's not that we're unable to defend it, we just like to call it that. If you don't agree, that's fine. But force feeding YOUR personal view on everyone else is a little communistic eh? Free speach means I can call it what ever I wish to. If you don't like us invading your space, be more respectful of ours. Do they not teach that in Shorinji Kempo? I think you missed that one.
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •