Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Information on Ryoi Shinto Ryu

Likes (received)

thanks ill prob start double signing now.
    John Timmons

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by budomuso View Post
    A picture in http://www.rsrjujutsu.com's history of rsr gallery is captioned as follows:

Prof. Kaizo Komito, James Shortt's 2nd Ryoi Shintô Ryû Teacher

Who is Kaizo Komito?
    If this was one of Mr.Shortt's koryu sensei, wouldn't their be a humpload more photographs around rather than just two? Even a few dojo group photos of Mr. Shortt and Komito S.?

Likes (received)

Default Resurrection!

Hullo

Please moderators kill this post (or place it in correct section) if necessary. I know that resurrecting dormant threads can be a sign of bad taste, but here we go.

I was browsing throug British Army Rumour Service www.arrse.co.uk For those unfamiliar with Arrse, Arrse is a forum for current / former members of armed forces in UK, they also incourage international paticipation. On Arrse there is a lengthy thread about Mr. Shortt and his background ( http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/...c/start=0.html ) The main thing about that thread is not, whether Mr Shortt is an accomplished martial arts practitioner, but more about the way he seems to have "embellished" his military background. Since large number of the members on that forum are in the services, people have not taken it lightly that James Shortt seem to have been exposed as a not-quite-as-accomplished-in-his-military-career as has been "perceived". Also his title as a "baron" is under scrutiny, as well as his association with certain paramilitary groups in the british isles.

What I find relevant to this thread is: there are people who are not happy with his account about his military career and his title of baron is thought questionable by people who understand about such things. Now where do you think this leaves Ryoi Shinto Ryu? I for one find it curious that in a same time as his account of the RSR can't be verified here, on another forum his overall integrity is put under close scrutiny.

I feel very strongly that this is relevant to the question at hand, it is relevant because his is the only account of the transmission of Ryoi Shinto Ryu to the modern times.
    A.J. Vedenkannas

"A horribile Haccapaelitorum agmine libera nos, Domine."

Likes (received)

I think we've probably gone as far as we need to go with this topic so I'm going to close it.

I am happy to discuss the merits of a particular style or technique, but will only allow a degree of questioning legitimacy here, there are other threads for those questions to be hashed out.

There has been some interesting discussion and I have learnt some things, thank you all for your input.

Regards
    Neil Hawkins
    "The one thing that must be learnt but
    cannot be taught is understanding"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11