Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Furyu Magazine ?

Likes (received)

Question Furyu Magazine ?

Hey all.

Anyone know if Furyu magazine is still around ?

Sam
    Samuel Foster

Likes (received)

I sent an email asking about subscriptions and back issues three years ago and never got a response, so I think it's been in hibernation for a while.

- Mike
    Michael Malkin

Likes (received)

Default Long story short

Hi all,

My apologies first to anyone who tried to email me in the past regarding Furyu. I got into a pretty bad personal space for a while and things sort of came crashing down on me, personally, job wise, money wise, etc. Took me all these years to get my head back on straight and to get back on my feet.

In the past two years, I got a pretty good new job, just got remarried, and life looks much better.

As for Furyu, it was never making much money but when the other things affected me, I couldn't get the energy to get into it again. I had over 70 pages' worth ready for the next issue. I do know I owe the subscribers, so I intend to gather up the funds for at least that issue and then I will have to take a long hard look at maybe going entirely online.

...Thing is, as Neil Yamamoto once wrote to me, it's a lot easier to do his reading holding a magazine on his "throne" than trying to drag a monitor into the bathroom. That's one of the pluses for printing an issue rather than going online.

Wayne Muromoto

Finny Guest

What about back issues, Wayne, are they available at all?

MarkF Guest

...Thing is, as Neil Yamamoto once wrote to me, it's a lot easier to do his reading holding a magazine on his "throne" than trying to drag a monitor into the bathroom. That's one of the pluses for printing an issue rather than going online.
    That has Neil all over it, even if you hadn't mentioned 'who.'

That is, however, my number one reason for not reading while seated in front of the screen. Joe Svinth once sent me a book to read that way, but I had to print it out after reading ten pages or so. It was worth it, but then, as Joe said, "at least I didn't kill any trees." That's true, but then I didn't need traction after reading it, either.

And yes, I have a very bad back.

Mark

Likes (received)

Wayne -

Glad to hear things swinging positive there. Regardless of delays and complications, Furyu was certainly always welcome - and supporting it was well worth it.

John Seavitt

Likes (received)

Default I have a notebook computer...

And Wi-Fi now. It's no longer a hassle to haul that into the throne room, so if Furyu is only online, well, it's will be breath of fresh air, so to speak.