Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is training a huge Con

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ?????
    Well because of the rule to list my name I must. Just call me Rei nice to meet you.
    Actually, the rule is that you must sign your real, full name on every post. I recommend putting it in your signature line. Generally, the mods give you one warning before they start deleting your posts. If they catch someone using a fake name, the e-budo powers-that-be get rather unhappy.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ?????
    How do you traine MonkeyCam, how do you really look at it ?.
    A bit of history behind that question I was recently 2 months ago awarded my black belt after 10 years of training. I have been pondering the road that has got me here and I have been looking at how much I have changed in the last 10 years of training. I have lost all the expectations of movie Martial Arts, I even helped out a friend in a promo shoot who was trying to get into the film industry, I just train as often and as hard as I can, which I feel is not often enough.

The way I look at it is there are no secrets that your instructor can show you he can only show you the path less traveled and what truths and wisdom you gain from it is your own, not something given to you by your instructor.

One quote my instructor told me and has taken me years to understand is "Steal my technique"
    mushin no shin

Cam Wheeler

Likes (received)

It's all a con because God should have equipped us with the skills that so many animals have and without having to go to a dojo!
    Adam C R Hurley -
    I know nothing - Manuel, Fawlty Towers.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ElfTengu
    It's all a con because God should have equipped us with the skills that so many animals have and without having to go to a dojo!
    Ah but he did! We just spent the last 1000 years deteriorating those skills by developing weapons that allow us to carpet bomb small arabian nations into dust from the comfort of our livingrooms...while eating fast food and watching TV.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Carson

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    Ah but he did! We just spent the last 1000 years deteriorating those skills by developing weapons that allow us to carpet bomb small arabian nations into dust from the comfort of our livingrooms...while eating fast food and watching TV.
    How did you know that my living room is full of carpet bombs?

I haven't even got a webcam!

Now where's that KFC bargain bucket gone?
    Adam C R Hurley -
    I know nothing - Manuel, Fawlty Towers.

Dawnix Guest

Post Answer!

1.) MC, What do you consider good training ?.

2.) And why do you think thats the best way for yourself and the benefit of others ?.

3.) How would you teach, if you were a Sensei ?.

4.) What values would you hold ?.

Tell me!!!

Dawnix Guest

Post My Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnix

2.) And why do you think thats the best way for yourself and the benefit of others ?.

Tell me!!!
    1.) I consider good training when all my limitations have been reached and exhausted. Reaching my limit is my ultimate high the one thing that makes me want more. More strength more skill more understanding more joy in what I do for my lifes work and beyond my love for Martial Science.

2.) I consider it a benefit to others because it goes to show them what people like us strive to attain. a state of experience and an open mind towards others and their beliefs. The knowlegde that keeps us wanting more to live up to our dreams and intrests. But most of all the benefit of myself wanting to show what I can do and accomplish within my lifetime. Returning to my own state of simplicity.

3.) This is how I teach my students, watch, observe, learn, perfect, attain knowledge no questions what so ever throughout the session. At the end of the day then you may ask questions if their are no questions and you have not learned anything you have wasted my time and yours a whole day wasted that is my way.

4.) The values I hold true are as stated.

1. Learn as much as possible with mind, body and a good spirit.
    2. See the weaknesses of all things and obsticles that are in front of you.
    3. Make the impossible-possible.
    4. Make every day count for a value.
    5. Everything begins and ends with respect.
    6. Honor all life and knowledge you've come to learn and attain.
    7. Pursue what you believe in.
    8. Never be afraid to fight the weakness.
    9. Strength is nothing with out a purpose and cause.
    10. Know why you are here in the first place.
    11. To much mind is poison- when you train, TRAIN!!!
    There are more but I'm getting Tired.

SO TELL ME!

Likes (received)

Default So tell me...

Is that really your name?

Why are you talking to yourself?
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnix

Tell me!!!
    1. Good training in my mind is one of those sessions where you finish the class so utterly exhausted but on a high that keeps driving you on, the body can give no more but the spirit desires it all. (I didn’t intend that to sound philosophical it is the only way I can describe it)

2. I believe this to be the best was to improve ourselves because our bodies are essentially weak it is our spirit and desire that make us strong.

3. I would try and teach in a form that the lessons are there to be stolen, it would be like showing a path for the student and letting them make the journey with myself 1/2 step behind, so I can learn from them.

4. My values are simple
    be honest with yourself, after all I always know when I am lying
    be true to my word
    always look upon things with a beginners mind, as if I was seeing everything for the 1st time
    always move forward in training, never stand still or worse move backwards.
    mushin no shin

Cam Wheeler

Likes (received)

QUOTE: by John Bellamy, sho-dan Shito-ryu itosu-kai
    I thing I have found out that people as big and strong as me can't fight at all. I could easily kick their !!!, so its worth something.

Ha ha ha, it funny becasue it's true.
    Liam Cognet

Likes (received)

Most training could be thought of as a con. I mean, we train, and we think we are invincible because we train, but in reality, in terms of self-defence for the average joe, soccer or rugby would provide a far better learning environment. So, it is not the training itself that is a con, but what we make of it ourselves. I think for the most part our 'training' deludes us into a false sense of security - we con ourselves. Anyone for soccer?

Dawnix Guest

Red face Truth

MC,
    I see that there is truth and belief in what you say. You see MC that is your truth now you know that training is not a con but a stepping stone towards what you dont expect. Live your training as you said and believe in what you know and understand.
    Sincerely,Dawnix

Likes (received)

Default Separated at birth?

Dawnix, Monkeycam, ??????

You guys sure have a lot in common.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilliams
    Dawnix, Monkeycam, ??????

You guys sure have a lot in common.