Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chould this sword be made!?

Likes (received)

I prefer the one without the oxygen in it

Likes (received)

I agree that the weapon is not a sword. Besides being impossibly posed, it seems to be some sort of spiked whip - perhaps it would considered a variant of a flail.

On the other hand, one can ask whether the Urumi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi) is really a sword.

As hard as either weapon would be to craft, learning to use either safely would be far harder.

Likes (received)

The only way i see the Urumi thing being made is if it's made of some sheet metal almost, and itd be pure luck if it would work. Wouldn't they be easily
    tangled if 2 were used in a duel? U'd be better off just throwing a rock.
    And as for the original topic, YES it could be made, but unlike in Soul Caliber 2 , this is reality and youd do more damage to yourself if your not
    experinced w/ both a whip and a flail.

{||@[||||)(----z----z----z----z----z----z----z

the @ is the coil thingy that whould real-in and relaese the steel cable, the
    the [ is the locking mechinism to release it, know that i think of it, it would
    real in after going out all the distance of the cable. The ---- is the cable itself, and a letter Z is would be the blade part, which would be hallow in the
    center and each has to lock into place when realed in. If ur up to challange,
    SUPER-DUPER! Shoot for the stars and have fun wasting ur time on a
    useless weapon which, apparently from the link picture, plays by its own
    rules and doesnt have to obey the laws of gravity, cause thats how it rolls.
    Arik Hartsaugh

You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.
    -Indira Gandhi

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Unskilled_Blade

{||@[||||)(----z----z----z----z----z----z----z

the @ is the coil thingy that whould real-in and relaese the steel cable, the
    the [ is the locking mechinism to release it, know that i think of it, it would
    real in after going out all the distance of the cable. The ---- is the cable itself, and a letter Z is would be the blade part, which would be hallow in the
    center and each has to lock into place when realed in. If ur up to challange,
    SUPER-DUPER! Shoot for the stars and have fun wasting ur time on a
    useless weapon which, apparently from the link picture, plays by its own
    rules and doesnt have to obey the laws of gravity, cause thats how it rolls.
    and how do you lock a flexable piece of metal to make it rigid? It would take serious technology and power to lock it up enough to become a good weapon. If you are on about it being a real fantasy blade like in here... then the appeal to all the kiddies who dream of Eon Flux and other Anime series will buy it on a piece of compressed wood to be a strange wall hanger.

Likes (received)

I could make you that sword no problem...I am a weapons master who was trained in weapon making by the best weapon maker ever to walk this earth....Harunaka Hoshino. I will charge you $100,000 US Dollars. I am almost wetting myself with excitement at this project and have already cleaned out the garage and bought the wire from B&Q....in addition I have purchased a large halibut and given it to the cat. The resulting bone structure will be my muse. The finished project will, I guarantee, be much sharper than a halibut and will be capable of taking out a ninjer from a distance of at least 20 ft*.

*Actual ninjer taking out distance may vary. Product may contain nuts.
    Richard Price
    "I'd rather fall myself, than let you drag me down"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I could make you that sword no problem...I am a weapons master who was trained in weapon making by the best weapon maker ever to walk this earth....Harunaka Hoshino. I will charge you $100,000 US Dollars. I am almost wetting myself with excitement at this project and have already cleaned out the garage and bought the wire from B&Q....in addition I have purchased a large halibut and given it to the cat. The resulting bone structure will be my muse. The finished project will, I guarantee, be much sharper than a halibut and will be capable of taking out a ninjer from a distance of at least 20 ft*.

*Actual ninjer taking out distance may vary. Product may contain nuts.

to bad i aint paying for this to be maid Hahahah! I was jut wondering if it chould have been made and be used as a funtioning weapon im not plaining to make it just wondered thanks all for the comments
    Jose Cornejo MY NAME!

Silver Striped Hat

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Product may contain nuts.
    and anyone who tries to use it may well be nuts.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

I think we've forgotten to address one thing. How doesn't that woman stay in her clothes whilst fighting

I've been trying to make a sword made of acid which would be pretty cool but no luck as yet. Burns to hold it
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Hmm....it just occured to me whilst my brain is in retardo mode after the bank holiday drunken shenanigans in Copenhagen. Why is a light sabre called a light sabre. It is not sabre shaped. It would be more accurately a light-foil.
    Richard Price

Likes (received)

True, but Light Foil sounds like something you use to cover turkey with whilst cooking it in the oven.
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Light-rapier would be better. Sounds saucy, too.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

Saucy? Hmmm....not as saucy as glow-rod (which I am led to believe George Lucas ditched after someone pointed out that Darth Vaders helmet already looked like a bell-end and that "we're making a serious film goddamnit not Flesh Gordon").
    Richard Price

Likes (received)

Is'nt that a character from Soul Caliber?

Anyway that sword is probably based on a chinese weapon known as
    a Jiu Jie Bien or nine section whip, the game designers went nuts with it and turned it into something pure fantasy.
    Andrew Brandon

Likes (received)

Stick with the classics - the money you'd waste on that piece of crap could most likely pay for a decent katana.
    Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulend
    Light-rapier would be better. Sounds saucy, too.
    Since its a two-handed weapon, how about Light-Claymore. Can't you just hear Yoda with a Scottish brogue? Luke McSkywalker.
    Joe Cheavens

Time flies like the wind.
    Fruit flies like bananas.

Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast