Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fumio Manaka and Shoto Tanemura

Likes (received)

Default Fumio Manaka and Shoto Tanemura

I always hear about the rivalries with the Bujinkan. I was wondering, what do the Jinenkan and Genbukan generally think of each other? What are Manaka's and Tanemura's opinions on each other?

Likes (received)

Done to death...

Can we lock this one down before it goes any further?
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,
    Tatsujin Photography & Design

Likes (received)

Jason,
    I noticed a lot of threads being LOCKED down over the past few months..

I feel it is a pretty good subject to hear how Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan members feel about the other organizations and the methodology being done in each and what they feel they are getting or missing by not being in more than one organization or all three.

For myself..
    I use all three organizations for information and friendship without and silly politics and get a great deal out of the journey.

In my opinion martial artist should ponder all there is to offer from any person or organization that could offer improvement in their lives.

I feel a better understanding of each of these could offer more insight into their methods for that improvement Jason.

Your.. yourself have bounced around a little too from one to another as well as many others who visit this web site. Your ideas aas well as their ideas would be interesting to hear.

Sometimes to much control causes a lack of control.

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com
    The best Japanese and Mexican Bugei in Dallas !

Likes (received)

Yeah Ralph... Good to hear from you by the way... but we all know how this one will probably end up.

Like I said, this topic has been discussed, or at least inquired about, many times here. The poster should utilize his RIGHT TO SEARCH...

And like many of my peers, my thoughts and views (these days) of "other" groups remain reserved.
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

Default WWW has lots of info

I feel it is advisable to lead an individual-
    to a source for their question.
    OR;

It is better to remain silent.

Double Standards are acceptable for/ by certain people.

Likes (received)

Default Jason Please provide threads

Jason, I searched and could not find much information in the archives about this point in particular, being a moderator could you please provide links to such threads so we dont repeat ourselves! (not that its the moderators job but you mentioned it being "done to death" but I found very little on the topic).
    It is a topic that I would like to know a little more about as well.
    Thanks
    Andrew Timms
    Andrew Timms

Likes (received)

They are no longer here. When the Genbukan subforum was deleted, the threads went with it.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

BTW, I am sure that no dojo-cho or shibu-cho in the Genbukan will making any comments about Jinenkan. So if you want any information it will be either be by someone from another organization or someone that does not have any teaching licenses from the Genbukan Honbu.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Severe
    Jason,
    I noticed a lot of threads being LOCKED down over the past few months..

I feel it is a pretty good subject to hear how Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan members feel about the other organizations and the methodology being done in each and what they feel they are getting or missing by not being in more than one organization or all three.

For myself..
    I use all three organizations for information and friendship without and silly politics and get a great deal out of the journey.

In my opinion martial artist should ponder all there is to offer from any person or organization that could offer improvement in their lives.

I feel a better understanding of each of these could offer more insight into their methods for that improvement Jason.

Your.. yourself have bounced around a little too from one to another as well as many others who visit this web site. Your ideas aas well as their ideas would be interesting to hear.

Sometimes to much control causes a lack of control.

ralph severe, kamiyama
    5. Treat your fellow E-Budo members with respect, including comments about race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, and religious preference (or lack thereof).

Mr severe why would you say such a thing of Mexican ?? as i see above your so call invasion??
    Moses Colon
    Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the force of a dragon.
    T Nobushige

Likes (received)

Thumbs down

Now, can someone close it?
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

For one thing Tanemura sensei came out with some wonderful information in the late 80's on taijutsu, bojutsu, jojutsu and hanbojutsu that really gave the public a lot of direction where other teachers didn't.

Manaka sensei came to America in 1988 and gave 3 VERY IMPORTANT seminars on kukishinden ryu bojutsu, hanbojutsu dakentaijutsu.. as well as koto ryu koppojutsu and gyokko koshijutsu.. Which was the beginning of the 'awaking' for most in the Bujinkan.

This all happened in the late 80's..
    What has happen in the 90's and beyond?

This subject has some really great merit to it and should be posted and spoken about openly.

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com

Likes (received)

Is it just me or is there a certain amount of resistance towards giving information about other kan or talking about them ?
    please, for the sake of our noble arts, they (the arts) as well as the practicioners can do without politics. I hope so at least.

So, please (again), can we get some links or other information about the relationships between the kan, especially between Jinenkan and genbukan in this case? -Or rather, to be specific, about the relationship between both Soke?-

thank you in advance,

My respectful greetings,

Christophe.

Regards,
    Christophe van Eysendyck.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cufaol
    please, for the sake of our noble arts, they (the arts) as well as the practicioners can do without politics...So, please (again), can we get some links or other information about the relationships between the kan, especially between Jinenkan and genbukan in this case? -Or rather, to be specific, about the relationship between both Soke?-
    The original question...

what do the Jinenkan and Genbukan generally think of each other? What are Manaka's and Tanemura's opinions on each other?
    ...is all about politics and does nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to further anyone's understanding of "our noble arts." Obtaining one organization's opinions about another organization and one person's opinions about another aren't going to make anyone hit any harder, perform a kata any more or less correctly, save you in a fight, or even help you unravel the twisted branchwork of the Kukishin/Takagi traditions. So enough dissembling and carrying on about how the truth will set you free.

Anyway, I'm sure someone has PM'ed the thread-starter by now with some 253rd-hand version of a story that he heard from some guy who trained in the Genbukan for 3 months before contracting a nasty case of rickets, who heard the story from a Jinenkan 3rd kyu that he met once at a cock fight.
    Eric Baluja

Fukai kiri teme mo motenai kaku reru daizan.

Likes (received)

I believe the two fears could be viewed as the fear of knowing your system is weak and has nothing to offer or you know little or nothing to offer the to the chat.

I believe the two egos could be like this.. my system is better than your system.. or ?

Anyway..

I enjoy the information from all three organization.. and there members as well as their teachers.

It is a real shame so much is put into not being able to train with each other on these ideas.

I live here in Dallas and there is other organizations.. Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan but they seem very un-friendly and hidden.. and I'm been here teaching from 1985.. and surely not hidden and my doors are always open.

What is it about organizations that prevent them from exploring?

So.. I would love to hear a lot of different remarks regarding their organizations, training, teaching and what not.

The funny thing is you read in the web sites and the books of these organizations about pure heart amd love towards others.. and helping one another to grow and becoming a better world..
    OK..

And?

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com

Likes (received)

Ralph..
    It was stated before but this comment
    The funny thing is you read in the web sites and the books of these organizations about pure heart amd love towards others.. and helping one another to grow and becoming a better world..
    Is not best helped by the words that you yourself wrote in your own signature line...
    I don't want to interfere in this thread other than to point out that complaining about peoples inability to open up and share is pretty much directly opposed to what it would seem you believe in yourself..
    My regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast