Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old diary

Likes (received)

Default Old diary

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ?

I have a very old diary of a late uncle of mine who went to the States in 1915 that I want to publish and I have been thinking of doing it on line or finding a publisher to replicate it (in the style of 'Diary of an Edwardian Country Lady') and I would like to know if any members have any suggestions .

Thanks
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert
    ("If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying "Here goes number seventy-one" - Richard M. DeVos)

Likes (received)

Lots of choices out there! There are many places that provide publish on demand services. You can provide .pdf files and they print as is, or you can provide text and they will format it. Just do a quick Google on "Self Printing."

The other aspect is to check with some local presses. If your uncle had some significant historical mentions in his diary, the local University Press, or historical society might be interested in publishing it.

Good luck!
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan