Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Buying an iaito

Likes (received)

Default Buying an iaito

Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone had some good advice concerning the purchasing of an iaito. I live in Canada (Montreal), and so I would really appreciate any comments!!!

Thank you very much

Joel Neves, LMS
    Joel
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Likes (received)

Have you asked your sensei for advise?

If not, please do so... (I wonder how many times some one gave this advise )

There are many online shops like Tozando, Swordstore, Nine Circles, etc. I'm in a rush, So I've got no time to look for you but there is an iaito buying guide in the iaido section of kendo world forum.

I got to pack my bag for MT training. Good Luck.
    Tijs Dingerdis

Likes (received)

Joel,

You will get better advice that is more applicable to your art and specific methods of practice from your sensei than you will from us. Iaito come in a variety of different weights and lengths, and finding one that is suited to your needs really is a subject that only your sensei can answer accurately.

Best regards,

Chris
    Chris Guzik

"You can never do a kindness too soon,
    because you never know how soon it will be too late."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Likes (received)

Thank you very much, both of you.

I practice Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu, and the iaito would be for the iaijutsu I practice. I will ask my sensei tomorrow at practice and see what she says.

Thanks again and train hard!!!

joel
    Joel
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Likes (received)

There is an excellent thread on Kendoworld forums where someone combined all the 'sword buying questions' into one big list.... check it out.
    Tim Hamilton

Why are you reading this instead of being out training? No excuses accepted...