Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inquiry about Ninpo practitioner

Likes (received)

Default Inquiry about Ninpo practitioner

Hello, All.

I was wondering if anyone knows of the reputation of Sylvain Guintard, who was once affiliated with the Bujinkan.

I'm not looking for *dirt* or trying to start a flame war. I happened upon his website whilst researching Shugendo, and I guess I'm just curious.

I appreciate any feedback given about Mr. Guintard.

Alex K.
    Alex Kent

Likes (received)

Have you asked him directly about anything that you would like to know FIRST?
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,
    Tatsujin Photography & Design

Likes (received)

Hi Alex,Sylvain was Hatsumi Soke first permanent french student, having being introduced to ninjutsu in the late 70s and became one of the first europeans to pass the 5th dan test in the mid 80s. When he retired from Bujinkan training in the early 90s, he handed over the Bujinkan training in France to Arnaud Cousergue(now 15th Dan). When I first saw him around 1987 at Soke class, he was quite a pleasant and very friendly character. I believe Arnaud would be a good reference for him as he still keeps in touch from memory.
    Roger Stapleton

Likes (received)

Hi Alex, I have been aquainted with Sylvain for close to 10 years, although we have not comunicated in some time. Sylvain is an interesting character, he does not have anything pleasent to say about the Bujinkan however.

I have never trained in Budo with him, although he is very passionate about what he does. Before you contact him you should be clear about what your looking for and why you think you may find that in him, as he is very cautious of those who approach him.......he has had a few too many people who have read the SKH books...."gaijin ninja people" as he calls them.

As far as Shugendo goes, if that is what your looking for, he would be about the only one outside of Japan you could get it from, and on that subject he is very knowledgeable, and very giving of that knowledge.

Good luck on your journey!
    Markk Bush
    www.bujinmag.com

Likes (received)

Smile

does anyone have any contact info for him like an email or what not. i m looking for someone to help me find out about what shugundo really is about and would love someone that knowledgeable to talk to

Likes (received)

here is his website:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Shugendo/main.html

regards,
    Markk Bush
    www.bujinmag.com

Likes (received)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tengu6
    here is his website:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Shugendo/main.html

regards,
    Markk Bush
    www.bujinmag.com

Hello !

Interesting material ... Did you already have the chance to watch the first video-clip there on this webside ? In my opinion the japanese person under the waterfall looks precisely like Tanemura S. Did he teach the person in question there?

Regards,
    Robert M.

Likes (received)

HI

If you wish to contact him regarding the Bujinkan I would suggest that you speak with Bernard Bordas first about Sylvian.

i wont comment further but I would suggest Talking with Bernard first.

if its not about the Bujinkan then go ahead and contact him direct
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Sylvain

Hello all,

In regards to Sylvain I would follow the advice given by several gentlemen already and contact him directly for best results.

As to the website(technicals), that is my doing so typos or mis-translations are my fault and any questions/comments about that in a technical manner, feel free to send to me.

For his Shugendo credentials, I can first hand confirm them, having personally met and had tea with his higher-ups in the Shogoin Temple in Kyoto in November 2004.

I consider Sylvain a good friend and he has always answered any question I threw at him, regardless of how 'pointy' it may have been. His email is listed on the first page of the website above.

Cheers all,
    Sincerely,
    Greg Carson

Likes (received)

Well he certainly does has an impressive training history.
    Dave Gibb
    Bujingodai Dojo
    "it's not the move, it's the movement."