Likes Likes:  0

Thread: E-Bogu

Likes (received)

Smile E-Bogu

HI i new to these threads i would like to ask if any one has bought the black tetron hakama or any hakama from there. also if any one has bought the niten ichi ryu bokkens from there i know those bokken probablywouldn't last a day to some people training but i'm just looking for some bokken for single practice.

I hope to keep coming to this website for help

Richard Nixon (don't mind the name it's was my birth name)

Likes (received)

I have had great experiences with them and am more than happy with the quality of their hakama.
    Best regards,
    Bruce Mitchell

Maryland, USA, by way of Bavaria, Germany, Texas, Indiana and Virginia
    Likes (received)

I've used E-bogu for a few years, and was happy with product and service until recently.

I work and live in Germany, and have a US military postal address (APO).

Up until recently, E-bogu would occasionally offer to ship to any US address (and an APO is simply a New York address, from whence it goes on a USAF plan to Europe), any order over $100 for free.

<rant>

The last time I ordered, however, they tried to stiff me for more than $70 (for a $300) order. I argued and they reduced it a bit, and as I needed the gear for new students, I paid, but I will NOT do business with them again ever.

Folks, if you do business on the net and you DON'T ship to APOs the same way you do to US addies, you're wrong. Period.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans living overseas on Unka Sam' ticket, and we have the APO and that's IT. Fedex and UPS are ridiculously expensive and if you ship via US Mail to a - say - German postal address, the tax will eat the order alive.

An APO - Army Post Office - address IS a US Postal address.

There are a LOT of companies out there not getting this (Apple, Dell and other computer companies amongst 'em).

It is frakking annoying to be living overseas, working for the government (not JUST military and DA civilians but also embassy personnel, for instance) can only access American goods via the PX (yeah, try buying a moku naginata THERE) or via the US Mail.

If you don't ship to APOs, or you charge extra for it, you're WRONG.

</rant>
    Chuck Gordon
    Mugendo Budogu
    http://www.budogu.com/

Likes (received)

I've dealt with e-bogu a few times. The positive thing is the whole transaction process. They've got the e-commerce thing working very well, e-mail notification of shipping tracking, all that stuff works great. The products themselves are good value, but you have to bear in mind that you get what you pay for. In other words, they are very competitively priced, but they're not working miracles. A $400 bogu from anyone is an entry-level item, no matter how they might spin the ad copy.

We buy all our beginners' shinai from them now, because with the free shipping and in-stock stuff, it's just so much easier and cheaper than ordering from Japan.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Likes (received)

I got a new keikogi from them last week. Everything right on time and quality seems very good. Two workouts in it so far.